Yet another (Star Wars) shipyard

Reaction score
    icence text you accept when first starting the StarMade launcher (different from forum rules) says something along <that you make every content you create available by playing public and have no right to push others removing your content after you discovered a usage you don't like> If I remember it right. May have something more, can't find the re-open button.
    It doesn't say anything like that. Also, I won't write anything more on this matter, because I don't want to discuss legal stuff in a ships thread.

What I mean by my 4. :
    If person A spends 10 minutes finding it, 5 minutes looking up for the authors name (you) ... Then person B does the same, then person C to N and all are spending in total 5*14=70 minutes.

Now if it took you less than 70 minutes, then you really did a "So very totally evil." thing, because you imposed >70 minutes of work by working for <70 minutes.
    -> if now 50 peoples would use it, it would impose 250 minutes == >4 hours of work on others.

Not saying this is bad for a single thing, but think of the whole : mentioning somebody for each possible order of blocks in a 8x8x8 cube, etc.

Creating this under the CC-BY license will prevent others from doing it themselves maybe without wanting others to spend so much time mentioning them.
    -> Prevent because you will claim it using yours when you see something that looks like a letter of yours (not unlikely by the few number of used blocks per letter)
    Not saying you want to "beat" others, but think about something that can be created with 5 hours work and impose 10000 hours of work on those who use it.
    That is and was my only concern. I hope it is no clear what I mean.​
    I think that giving credit is the least thing you can do when using other people's work.

Your numbers are off and your calculation is just wrong. Hopefully someone that downloaded a palette with (currently, will be more) 120 template files will remember where they downloaded it from. Even if giving credit would take that much time, I'm not imposing work on others. Making glyphs takes time, and if I wouldn't have shared this palette, many other people would either not use glyphs at all (which would be equally bad), or spend hours themselves making glyphs. Would you say that writing down a name and providing a download link takes more time than making (alien) glyphs? (Rhetorical question, I see no point in further discussion.)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    No replica this time, but one of my own design, built with @Crusade's Hyperflux league in mind. The model is a Corellian VC-400 leight freighter and has drawn obvious inspiration from other corellian freighters like the YT-1300 (the Millennium Falcon being a famous example). The ship I am going to show you is not yet ready for racing. Instead, it is supposed to be the stock model which will be, as it is the case with pretty much all of the corellian freighters, heavily modified, upgraded by its owner for races.
    It's targeting the midcoil class but is currently two meters too wide, which is in fact intended. The racing version will not feature the standard galactic docking rings, saving 1 block on each side.

VC-400 leight freighter
    • Mass: 202.9
    • Dimensions:
      • Length: 33m
      • Height: 8m
      • Width: 22m
    • Power: 22465.3 e/s
    • Thrust: 271.4
    • Shields: 4687 (484 shields/s)
    • Armament:
      • 1 light dual turbolaser turret
    • Auxiliary systems:
      • Push system (50.8%)
      • Overdrive system (26.9%)
      • Sensor jammer
      • Scanner
      • Spotlight (beacon, toggleable from the cockpit)

Exterior shots

starmade-screenshot-0046.jpeg

starmade-screenshot-0047.jpeg

starmade-screenshot-0048.jpeg

Interior shots

Storage bay
    starmade-screenshot-0049.jpeg starmade-screenshot-0050.jpeg

Engine room
    starmade-screenshot-0051.jpeg starmade-screenshot-0053.jpeg

Social room
    starmade-screenshot-0052.jpeg

Not shown