Yet Another Return

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah well, what can I say. I'm a man with a highly... dynamic set of interests.

First of all, sorry for vanishing that suddenly. Anyone who had business on SATURN, i.e., saving ships, may slap me with the smelliest salmon they have, as we all do. The server won't return, I'm done with that and have learned my lessons.
    Now to find a new signature...

Anyway. I see quite a few new faces on the forums and a massive change of tides on the faction side of things. Would anyone care to recap the past seven months for me?

Reactions: FrankRa

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    We pretty much got new stuff like rails, a new turret system, more logic blocks, better chat, ship HP and armor, ship mass and center of mass turning, boarding tools, and maybe a bit more. :P

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Game got better, performance went down then back up, we have a Roadmap, and I believe the addition of 2 new coders falls within that time gap, as well as a new 3D art person.

We also got to see Redshift fall from number 1 on the server listings, new player Council that interacts with Schine directly, and other fun little things like new forum badges.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So the Council goes through the suggestions and whatever may come up on the forums instead of Schine directly, and then relays it to the devs in a filtered, comprehensive manner? That's something I'd applaud.

How has the influx of coders affected the game? Anything major that's now closer to becoming reality than it was with only schema?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    How has the influx of coders affected the game? Anything major that's now closer to becoming reality than it was with only schema?
    Well, they need to learn the code, which they have been doing via bugfixing (a lot of bugs got fixed up as a result). One of them is focused on a new launcher, which comes bundled with Java and all manners of launchy goodness, the other is focused on the modding API, and one of them (forget who) has started making tweaks in the game, like improved chat control (we can now /ignore).

Things have started moving a bit faster and smoother, though there are a few more bugs that come from the faster speed I feel.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Reactions: Keptick

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Cropfund Star Thrones anyone?