Would anyone know?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Would anyone know how to pull a ship that never got saved as a blueprint into a newer game? one of my worlds got corrupted and im trying to get all the ships, of this type ive made for a comparison of size and such, well, i never saved the first ship, the MK1. I have the MK II, but i need the MK1. I see a SMD2 file and a few other things such as its .ent file. i did some googling and didnt see anything hence why im asking!

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Well, you can try to remove the corrupted files from the world[delete every file in its folder{spare subfolders}, except the ent files of the ships you want to keep]. Apart from that, I don't know anything, except attempting to manually create a sector-export, which can be funky.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Well, you can try to remove the corrupted files from the world[delete every file in its folder{spare subfolders}, except the ent files of the ships you want to keep]. Apart from that, I don't know anything, except attempting to manually create a sector-export, which can be funky.
    Hm ill give that a try, hopefully that works!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438666679,1438664738][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, ended up just duplicating the blueprint folder i was using for the MK II and threw the MK1s SMD2 file in there to replace the MK2s SMD2 file, worked fine!

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Would anyone know how to pull a ship that never got saved as a blueprint into a newer game? one of my worlds got corrupted and im trying to get all the ships, of this type ive made for a comparison of size and such, well, i never saved the first ship, the MK1. I have the MK II, but i need the MK1. I see a SMD2 file and a few other things such as its .ent file. i did some googling and didnt see anything hence why im asking!
    Its not that hard.

Did that on our helpdesk a few times.

The only thing you need to know, is the name of the ship.

1. In the new world, spawn a core of the exact same name,
      fly it to a place, where the old ship would fit.
      For this we assume the ship-name to recover is:
      "SomeShipName"
    2. Browse to the NEW world folder, it should look like this:
      upload_2015-8-6_23-54-51.png
      In the subdirectory named DATA it should look like this:
      upload_2015-8-6_23-55-54.png
    3. Browse to the OLD world folder, it should look like this:
      upload_2015-8-6_23-43-22.png
      Copy all files named "ENTITY_SHIP_SomeShipName*.ent" over to the new world folder.
      The files with names r0, r1 represent docked entities, copy them over too.
      If your OS asks for confirmation to overwrite the file:
      ENTITY_SHIP_SomeShipName.ent
      you did everything right, confirm this, and tell it you want to overwrite the file.
    4. In the subdirectory named DATA it should look like this:
      upload_2015-8-6_23-42-41.png
      Copy all files named "ENTITY_SHIP_SomeShipName*.<somecoordinates>.smd2" over to the new world folder.
      The files with names r0, r1 represent docked entities, copy them over too.
      If a ship has different coordinates like 0.0.1: Copy them over too.
      If your OS asks for confirmation to overwrite the file:
      ENTITY_SHIP_SomeShipName.0.0.0.smd2
      you did everything right, confirm this, and tell it you want to overwrite the file.
    5. Start the installation with the "new world" and reclaim your ship, to save a blueprint of it.

Technical details:
    In a corrupted world the entities are in a blueprint like format, however, if there is no reference to the files, they wont get loaded in a new world.
    This way/trick you create a reference in the new world to load a ship with name "SomeShipName" in the new world, and place the files from the old world in the same position.
    Once the new world loads the old files, it does not care about the fact it saved only a core, the naming and some meta in the files will tell the server to go from the .ent and .smd2 files to the docked entities and other chunks.
    So all you need to do is to create an entry point for the server to load the old files, thats it. =)

- Andy

Last edited: