Working on Automated Sensors

Reaction score
    I am working on making an automated sensor so that with the click of a button I have a sensor sweep every so many seconds.

I found out last night that only one sensor computer can be attached to a single entity, so this is going to make it a bit more complicated, but that is half the challenge.

Any suggestions? as I was going to to start with a four computer system which I think will give me a sweep every 15 secs or so. I know this is dependent on the number of antenna I have in each system.

As soon as I get this working I'll post a design.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I am working on making an automated sensor so that with the click of a button I have a sensor sweep every so many seconds.

I found out last night that only one sensor computer can be attached to a single entity, so this is going to make it a bit more complicated, but that is half the challenge.

Any suggestions? as I was going to to start with a four computer system which I think will give me a sweep every 15 secs or so. I know this is dependent on the number of antenna I have in each system.

As soon as I get this working I'll post a design.
    Docked scanners?

Reaction score
    for the moment that is the plan, unless that does not work, then again I do not know.

Though I am not a huge fan of docked reactors and the like, this may be the only way to get this idea working. So if it works all the better.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Scanner computers can not be activated by logic unfortunately.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    That's a shame... the closest thing we have to automated sensors are enemy detectors and this:

Not the scanners we are looking for. I wonder, however, if a mechanism like this can pick up cloaked ships...

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That's a shame... the closest thing we have to automated sensors are enemy detectors and this:

Not the scanners we are looking for. I wonder, however, if a mechanism like this can pick up cloaked ships...
    I just wished that you could get a signal from those detectors when a docked ship on rail passes through it, could give so many options.