Wireless logic bug/issue, help appreciated.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    So like some other users I have downloaded the dev build and attempted to build logic based weaponry, unfortunately like many I have also met a hurdle. In this case that hurdle appears to be a logic bug:

The block of logic on the right is a counting system that cycles between the 4 different wireless blocks at its top, it cycles round by 1 every time it is sent a pulse of logic. On the right is a simple 4 barrel chaingun with a button on the top that sends a pulse to the counter every time a barrel passes the top. The 4 wireless blocks on the counter are linked to their respective barrels so that a barrel fires whenever it reaches the top.

With the explanation over the problem is this. The system works exactly as it should with one slight hitch, if you've been paying close attention to the picture you'll have noticed that both the top and bottom barrels are activated, I have no idea why this happens. I have deleted and replace every wireless block to ensure that there are no accidental links and manual toggling of each wireless block confirms that everything is connected exactly as it should be. Despite this every time the gun is activated it will fire both top and bottom barrels simultaneously whenever one specific barrel is at the top. I can only put it down to a glitch, anyone got any ideas of how to fix this?

Sector export: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gg46igg6c5aaudb/BuggedLogicGun.smsec

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Did you link the wireless modules with C->V or with the marker beam?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Sorry, no idea what's going wrong.
    Thanks for trying :)

Edit: After making sure there was nothing wrong with my counting circuit I built an 8 barrel version of the previous gun and slowed it down to see if the logic was being bugged because I was making it run too fast. This was not the case, what I found was that the wireless blocks seem to invert the state of the wireless block 1 step further round on the rail when they are powered.

Edit2: Built an entirely new (more efficient) logic counting system and had the same bug, doesn't seem to be with wireless logic though. I built a rail based timer with wireless blocks and it worked fine, the bug with wireless blocks described above only seems to come into play when using a logic based counter as opposed to a rail based one.

Last edited: