[WIP] [Titan/Calbiri] My First Capital Ship - StarCraft BattleCruiser (+ some other ships)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    My Youtube addiction skyrocketed for some reason, I got obsessed with following Star Citizien, some new games I got for consoles, and recently I got back to my Naruto addiction. Luckly my dad let me borrow his screen/monitor for dual screens, so the last isn\'t preventing me anymore.

But now I\'m definitely back ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The recent updates completely screwed up my turrets. I guess I\'ll have to stick with the older versions until docking gets sorted out again. Tank Schema for Auto-Backups.

Reaction score
    you do realize the neck is more square than round in the game?

otherwise great job bro.

can you make a version where the yamato cannon is a giant sd-bb rocket launcher? it seems to me it would be more realistic because of the whole explosion thing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I know, I\'m kind of simplificating things a little bit in order to focus more on the functional side of the thing (and to make my life a bit easier). The real Detail-Hunter version of it is yet to come (not anytime soon tough), where I will make it way bigger in order to have more space for detail.

As for the Yamato Cannon, I guess it wouldn\'t be all that hard to substitute the AMC rods for Missiles on the final version if it is ever needed (an indivudual, massive missible would be bad because there is a point were more blocks makes a really low difference, so it would get severely underpowered). It would actually run away from the original Yamato, since it is supposed to be an energy weapon. But I guess it won\'t hurt to make a variant later on.

Tanks, anyway ;)

Reaction score
    No, thanks to you. Being a hardcore starcraft player, the battlecruiser is my favorite ship. Once the weapon version is finished you can expect to see me flying around in one, just for the LULZ of murdering peoples giants.

On a sidenote, you COULD replace the transports with medivacs...

THAT would be awesome and given the medivacs flatish profile it would east fit in any general purpose hangar.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Nice to hear that, tanks. I\'ll be sure to make something that can blast through a planet in one hit ;)

And indeed, a Medivac is a total possibility here. I was planning to make it someday, but I chose not to use it in that situation because it would be partially designed for repair, and I planned to use that bay (bay=room) exclusively for cargo/personnel handling (hence the massive storage :P). Most probably I\'ll release it separately, and then you can swap the Spacebus for it. The dock is huge anyway, so I doubt whatever I make for a Medivac will be bigger.

SIDENOTE: If you get a copy of the missile-based version, don\'t forget that missiles are useless againt shielded enemies, so be sure to use the main cannons first. And choose your battles wisely.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Are you sure missiles do nothing against shields?

I shot a missile at a fully shielded frigate once, and the entire middle bit was blown apart.

Reaction score
    Hey awesome ship bro but can you put up a picture of the whole thing at it\'s current stage. I would really like to see the progress you\'ve been making! Thnx XD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Well, after nearly half an year without touching this thing, it\'s probably time to come back. Hopefully I won\'t get into another month-long hiatus.

I guess by this point there are plenty more interesting ships out in the forums, but since I\'ve already started, it won\'t hurt to post all the way through. Hopefully I can think of something better once I finish this ship.

Well, first thing I did was redesign the light and heavy turrets. Here are the new ones:

Light Turret

Length: 21m

Width: 13m

Height: 8m

Mass: 119.6

Thrust: 0.0

Power: 20,000 (15,013.4 e/sec)

Shields: 45,462.0 (2,299.0 s/sec) [1.0 sec Recovery]

Firepower:

Dual Light AMC Cannon

-Damage: 25% = 199.2

-Distance: 25% = 605.0

-Reload: 25% = 211.0

-Speed: 25% = 34.9

DPS Per Cannon: 944.1

Total DPS: 1,888.1

Heavy Turret:

Length: 40m

Width: 39m

Height: 22m

Mass: 2,224.6

Power: 236,497.4 (346,946.7 e/sec)

Shields: 423,265.0 (12,256.0 s/sec) [3.0 sec Recovery]

Firepower:

Dual Heavy AMC Cannon

-Damage: 25% = 946.6

-Distance: 25% = 1,786.7

-Reload: 25% = 111.3

-Speed: 25% = 109.7

DPS Per Cannon: 8,504.9

Total DPS: 17,009.9

Dual Light SD-BB Missile

-Damage: 20% = 381.5

-Distance: 20% = 145.0

-Reload: 20% = 13.1

-Speed: 20% = 4.0

-Radius: 20% = 25.9

To be honest, it has been some time since I wanted to redo these (even while I was still posting), and I like how they came out this time. They aren\'t the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world by any stretch of the imagination (I put all those extra blocks on the outside to try to make them less cube-ish), but they are pretty good on the functional side. They are better than the old ones in almost every way (after checking the updated stats of the older ones) (the cannon of the new light one is the exception, the old one was stronger because it was a shotgun array, but that also means it consumed more energy), but the best part (at least for me) is that now they are self-sustaining, so not only they won\'t consume power from the main ship (so more energy disponible for the capital weapons), but they can fight even it not attached to the ship (for example, if the dock is destroyed mid-battle.

Bad news is, since the docking system is now very strict regarding dock limits and that the dock is still the fixed center of the dock, my longer turrets (the minigun and railgun) won\'t work. So until an update comes and fix that part, I\'ll use a normal heavy turret on the sides and will design a turret to use temporarily in th eplace of the railguns.

Apart from that, all that\'s left now is make the front hammerhead (wich is the next thing on the list, and it may be bigger than I expected at first) and do the decoration on the ship (wedges, etc). Hopefully I can get it done soon enough to try to get it on the next Starmade trailer (doesn\'t hurt to dream).

More updates will come soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Just before I can keep on with the building, I had build a new turret to replace the railgun one (it doens\'t work anymore because of the way docking space is calculated).

Length: 106m

Width: 29m

Height: 26m

Mass: 2,675.9

Power: 712,713.6 (621,859.7 e/sec)

Shields: 308,788.0 (9,674.0 s/sec) [3.0 sec Recovery]

Firepower:

Ultra-Heavy AMC Cannon

-Damage: 25% = 1,913.0

-Distance: 25% = 3,314.7

-Reload: 25% = 92.9

-Speed: 25% = 206.3

Total DPS: 20,581.5

So now I don\'t think I have anything else left to do, so hopefully I\'ll be able to finish this soon.