Windows problem "EncryptionOperationNotPossibleException: null"

Reaction score
    When I try to join any server this pops up. Version 0.1421. I can join my own local server but no other servers.

Attachments

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Please create a predictable game state, and run the star-made-checker also available here.

In case it does happen again, please send me the logs from 'predictable game state' installation you made. (try once to create log-entries)

- Andy

Reaction score
    How do I report logs to you? I tried both of the things listed and the error still pops up... I used to be able to play online a long time ago. The StarMade checker says that everything is ok.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Click here and add the logs directory as attachment.
    (It needs to be .zip format, as for security reasons attachments are limited to some file types)
    Or use any other file-upload-service known.

- Andy

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Okay after seeing your logs, please

try 'delete saved login
    and reuplink with correct username and password.

It should be due to a wrongly saved login.

Also please READ the thing I gave you about predictable game state, you installed the game again on the desktop.

- Andy

Reaction score
    I am experiencing the same issue, except the StarMade checker told me that my graphics card (Intel HD 4000, not really a graphics card) might not support StarMade, but I can run it on singleplayer. I only have trouble connecting to my friend's server, but my other friend can connect to it fine.

Reaction score
    I am experiencing the same issue, except the StarMade checker told me that my graphics card (Intel HD 4000, not really a graphics card) might not support StarMade, but I can run it on singleplayer. I only have trouble connecting to my friend's server, but my other friend can connect to it fine.
    Your graphics card is not the source of the issue. Did you try the steps suggested by AndyP?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    this just happened to me after i upgraded to windows 8.1 then when i created a new login thing for it it just closes down the window as soon as it gets to 100% i know barely anything about computers so if any one can help and explain how to fix this simply i would be very grateful since this game is awesome

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have the same issue on a fresh install, i have run SMC and all is very good, have also reloged. I'm posting this here because the link at the top bugs.star-made.org/projects/starmade-game/wiki/Predictable_game_state is broken and if this really can help with the issue another link or solution would be needed for me or others to fix this Error.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Please remove your saved login:
    delete-saved-login.png

Then uplink again.
    It should fix the problem.

(Encryption operation not possble = saved login does not match the hardware/software environment, which is a safety element to prevent a copied credentials file to work on another system.)

- Andy