Windows 8

Reaction score
    Hi,

I have some problems I just installed Windows 8 on my Pc and Iam very Happy with it but Star Made won't start really , the Server runs but my Game won't :(

Is it a problem with Java or is it something with Star Made or is it my Graphics Card I don't get a Error or something it just does not show up when I start the game and the server says that Iam on the Server but I don't see anything :(

I hope you can help me ;)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sorry about that.
    Can you send me a manual error report. You can use the CrashAndBugReporter.jar Tool in your StarMade directory.
    Also please look for eventual JVM crashes (also in your starmade folder). that look like: pid.log
    cheers,
    - schema

Reaction score
    I had the same problem, most likely a graphics driver problem. If you have an NVIDIA card, you're going to need to get the legacy/beta drivers.

Reaction score
    I sent an error report to you.
    I hope its just the drivers because the server works fine ;)
    It's just the game that won't start.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    From the logs, it seems like the same problem Zerotech had.
    I suggest following his advice on installing the legacy/beta nvidia drivers.
    You can also try widowed mode.

Reaction score
    If his problem is the same as mine, windowed vs. fullscreen makes no difference, but you can try it. If you need any help wahtsoever let me know and I'd be glad to help.

Reaction score
    I have a AMD Graphics Card and I don't find any Drivers for it and i heared the beta drivers have bugs with World of Tanks :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have windows 8 but it says cirtifical error?!?!?!?!?!

i really want to play please help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have windows 8 but it says cirtifical error?!?!?!?!?!

i really want to play please help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The only problem i have with the game is I start to lag when i get close to any big struture(planets, space stations, etc...) but im guessing thats for not having java 64bit not installed.

Reaction score
    I have Windows 8 and it runs without issue, please post exactly what is happening and when, and steps you use to reproduce the issue.

Reaction score
    i just bought a new computer with windows 8 on it and i downloaded the launcher for star made and when i try to install/update the game it says operation not allowed the error comes from star made not the operating system its self. I have tried manually downloading the latest version of star made but it still gives me the same error message. any idea on how to fix it because i absolutely love this game and want to continue playing it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just updated to windows 8.1 and the game can finnish loading bu then it just crashes and gives me the JVM crash note. I have tried to update but intel only say i have the latest updates.

I have an intel I7-3630QM processor with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M graphics card. i\'m not sure what to do....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I too have had issues with Starmade not running properly. The game window will come up and load to 100% then crash, the launcher and the starter both work fine but it keeps crashing. Updating to Windows 8.1 was not worth it. If I had known it would mess up the file explorer (separate issue but I managed to resolve it) and make Starmade unplayable, I would not have bothered with the ~4 gig download that took nearly a day with my poor internet.

Specs of my computer are as follows
    CPU: Intel i7-4700MQ; Ram: 8 gigs; Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600 (onboard)
    All known updates have been applied and it is running Windows 8.1.
    Additionally, this is a 64 bit computer with 32 bit java, could that be the problem? I tried installing 64 bit java back when I had plain Windows 8 and it wonked out on me. I might try 64 bit java again because with there being a \"stack overflow\" error... I dont know. Good luck to all.

Also, I did send at least one report of what happened in. Thank you for your time and for making a spectacular game, cannot wait to see what it evolves into.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Make sure you also have the correct drivers for your GTX 660m.
    Get them either from your laptops manufacturer site, as they normally release a custom version of the drivers for their hardware, or the nVidia site.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Additionally, the game seemed to have trouble when allocating memory before. I would go and do something like visit an enemy space station and then head back to a shop and then it would spam me with \"increase the amount of ram in the settings\", which I did once or twice. But this time, I increased it to 1536 megs (1.5 gigs) and it seems like it wont crash now. Sorry for multiple posts but I am so happy. I also feel silly it was something so simple.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh great, I have windows 8 too, but this problem, I can\'t Import These ships to my game! D:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i downloded starmade a while back and it was amasing and it worked fine.

then whith out worning i suddenly keept getting jvm crash reports when i try and play multyplayer.

i have tryed every thing on the forms but nothing works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~My System Specifications

Operating System:Windows 2.6.2.9200

CPU Type:Intel® Core™ i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz

CPU Speed:1.82 GHz

System Memory:8.45 GB

Video Card Model:Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000Video Card Memory:1.88 GB

Video Card Driver:igdumdim32.dll

Desktop Resolution:1366x768

Hard Disk Size:985.85 GBHard

Disk Free Space:577.89 GB (59%)

Download Speed:2.95 MB/s (23.6 mbps)

----------------------------------------------------------------

plz help and i thank you all in advanced

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have an HP Envy with Intel i7 core. My version of star-made worked fine until I updated Java. Come to find out it \"updated\" me to 32-bit Java. Star Made would not run until I upgraded my Java version to 64 Bit. Everything works fine now. It will crash occasionally if I run it too long, but all the graphics bug fixes did nothing for me until I swapped out Java. Do not use the automatic update on Java. Go into their site and find the 64-bit version and hand update it.