Will rails have shared shields?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So the dev team showed us that the rail system will be equal to the docking system. but the docking system has no shared shields. if this will be what i think, my plans of ships will be crushed!
    i think it is quite obvius that it will share shields, but i just need to know.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You will know it SOON™

we don't know yet
    apparantly we do know it

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Turret pieces will share shields, that's confirmed. I have no idea about the rest though.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Turret pieces will share shields, that's confirmed. I have no idea about the rest though.
    nonononononono NO!
    please not shared turret shield, i know people want it so bad but PLEASE if you know someone has an indestructable shield, you can atleast destroy his turrets! i only mean the rails for turrets will dock on turret rails or something (i guess). i only wanted to know if my moving parts wont be my weak parts.
    why i dont want shared shields for turrets?
    well although i know turrets are kinda weak now, then they would be way to op.
    maybe if they come up with a compromise, some formula.
    idk ship shield divided by 4 is equal to turret shield.
    that would be a nice compromise, if not divided by 2 is also better.
    or a formula that has something to do with turret mass, the more turret mass the more shield is shared.
    like the idea? i thought of it while typing this

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I can't remember who said it, but didn't they say it was going to be a portion of the shields? As long as we don't have entire shields being shared (which doesn't make sense because the devs are aware that that is OP already) it won't be a significant problem hopefully.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    nonononononono NO!
    please not shared turret shield, i know people want it so bad but PLEASE if you know someone has an indestructable shield, you can atleast destroy his turrets! i only mean the rails for turrets will dock on turret rails or something (i guess). i only wanted to know if my moving parts wont be my weak parts.
    why i dont want shared shields for turrets?
    well although i know turrets are kinda weak now, then they would be way to op.
    maybe if they come up with a compromise, some formula.
    idk ship shield divided by 4 is equal to turret shield.
    that would be a nice compromise, if not divided by 2 is also better.
    or a formula that has something to do with turret mass, the more turret mass the more shield is shared.
    like the idea? i thought of it while typing this
    I said "pieces". That meant the barrel and the turret base will share shields. You'll need two segments to have a turret that can turn on two axis, just letting you know in case you weren't following the news.

I never said that turrets would be sharing shields with the mothership, that's still unknown.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I said "pieces". That meant the barrel and the turret base will share shields. You'll need two segments to have a turret that can turn on two axis, just letting you know in case you weren't following the news.

I never said that turrets would be sharing shields with the mothership, that's still unknown.
    oow like in your thread, it was yours right? the one with the cool pictures?
    i read over the word pieces :p sorry for the freaking out

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    schema himself confirmed turrets will share a portion of the mothership shields. here

As for rails, the entire system docking revamp is tied into the rail system. I can only assume that they will also share shields

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    jup, anyways i like the picture.
    as you are up to date with the news, do you know if there will/could be/already is suggested a rail block that lets the docked entety spin in rounds? could be nice for some things that, ya know, turn around
    I bet that you could have a cart docked to the rail with a rotation block on it, it'd pretty much do the exact same thing you're asking. That cart could also just be a single block. I haven't tried out the dev build btw, I'm just assuming from the bits and pieces of info I gathered. I remember hearing that it'll be possible to dock turrets on rails, but I can't remember if the source was reliable or not.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    if you know someone has an indestructable shield, you can atleast destroy his turrets!
    No shield is indestructable. And if a shield turns out to be indestructable for you, then youre in a ship that is so small that it has no right to be able to crack that shield, and/or the person who build that ship spent alot of time figuring out the perfect ratios for a strong shield with a high active recharge.

To be honest, im glad that Turrets will share some of the Motherships shields, right now, turrets just have to be ugly big things to be anything near effective and have a chance to survive even light attacks, thats pretty much the reason why i dont use any turrets except AMS.

On shields for Rails/Stuff Docked on Rails, no confirmation so far to my knowledge, but i hope it will at least be a partially sharing as with the turrets, otherwise some pretty nice rail utilizing ideas out there will end up being really bulky, aka having the same issue as the curret turrets, just being bulky oversized ugly *beep*s.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I bet that you could have a cart docked to the rail with a rotation block on it, it'd pretty much do the exact same thing you're asking. That cart could also just be a single block. I haven't tried out the dev build btw, I'm just assuming from the bits and pieces of info I gathered. I remember hearing that it'll be possible to dock turrets on rails, but I can't remember if the source was reliable or not.
    is that not just what i asked? or do i read the sentence wrong?
    atleast i mean that the docked thing will spin around.
    you could make that with rails but then it will be 3D making the thing going left to right front to back. and i dont want that.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm kind of glad we're getting shared shields. I'm tired of having my externally docked reactors blown to bits.