Will it ever be possible to move cores?

Reaction score
    I am sure this has been asked in the past, but at some point in the future will it be possible to move a core to another part of the ship? It's just so extremely annoying having to design your whole ship by starting from the center if you want your core to be there for the sake of protection. It would make ship design 10x easier if I could just take the core and put it to another location once the ship was done.

Reaction score
    Currently I know of no easy way to do so. Using the copy/paste function of the 'advanced' build mode it is possible to move the rest of the ship in relation to the core so that the core is where you want it in the ship. The smaller the ship the less aggravation involved. Larger ships have to be done in sections ( sometimes so many sections you just might consider starting the build over to be easier).

When you consider that stations and asteroids don't have a core block ( you can remove the starter block of stations once you have placed at least one block without deleting the station) it maybe that this new 'HP' system for ships actually does away with ship cores. This is just guess work and supposition on my part ( plus a lot of wishful thinking).

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Larger ships have to be done in sections ( sometimes so many sections you just might consider starting the build over to be easier).
    Not necessarily, the maximum copy frame size can be increased via config file. But it would be far easier with this.