Wild Space Explorers

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Taking a break from station building for a bit to work on a small ship project.

That ship is already amazing, with all of those FUNctions :)

Very-very nice thumbnail screenshot, by the way! It looked like a finished ship on a planet, while it's more like half a ship on a plane of sand, by the looks of it. Really aesthetic shot!

Reactions: docpenguindoc
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive

Just a little follow-up for my review... The way I usually check the number of docked entities is by opening the "Blocks" window in the blueprint catalog, and searching for "ship core" on the list. The total number of cores in a blueprint includes turrets and the main entity too, of course. (Also, newly we have the "Docks" dropdown menu on the left-side panel in build mode, but the numbers there can be somewhat confusing.)

Anyway, all the little details in the Delphis, such as those small rail doors leading to make-believe maintenance areas, were so nice! :)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Not entirely make believe. The access hatches to the tech drones do give you control options for each engine pod as well.

The one near the cargo elevator is one that has no function whatsoever :D

At least the ones near the elevators let you navigate between floors if needed.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Instead of a vid I got 2 new blueprint releases today. I didn’t have a lot of time to do so before x-mas but I uploaded a selection of the industrial machines I used in my station build. You can find them here:

TMC-IndustrialPack

I addition I have the release of the 809 JunkPile. My entry into the JW608 challenge. Enjoy!

809 JunkPile

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It is time. The first episode on my build progress for the community build initiative.
    So if it isn't clear. Spoilers ahead.

Tshara, I understand if you don't respond to this, but let me say. When this game started to die, I was a kid... Since then, I finished school, got work, lost work, got and lost work a dozen times more, developed an alcohol habit and am now a miserable adult feeling a sense of nostalgia for a better time.

So now I stand here, rum-drunk in front of my computer surrounded by the piling crises of my failed life... And I want to say this.

You're talented and it's clear you put a lot of effort into these. You're a better builder in [voxel game] than I could ever hope to be. I really hope you're using your skills elsewhere because you frankly deserve better than what this game can give you. If not, I beg you, please find a good use for your talents.

Reactions: Tsnonak
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Tshara, I understand if you don't respond to this, but let me say. When this game started to die, I was a kid... Since then, I finished school, got work, lost work, got and lost work a dozen times more, developed an alcohol habit and am now a miserable adult feeling a sense of nostalgia for a better time.

So now I stand here, rum-drunk in front of my computer surrounded by the piling crises of my failed life... And I want to say this.

You're talented and it's clear you put a lot of effort into these. You're a better builder in [voxel game] than I could ever hope to be. I really hope you're using your skills elsewhere because you frankly deserve better than what this game can give you. If not, I beg you, please find a good use for your talents.
    Just keep moving forward. Its sometimes the only thing you can do.

For me building in StarMade is something I enjoy doing. Even if no-one would ever see these builds I would still be enjoying it.
    If I'm sad I build. Feeling stressed? I build. In many ways its my form of meditation. I'm just glad some people do enjoy watching the content.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I intended to use your industrial template pack, and noticed that they come pasted on a ship entity.

I saved the various items as individual templates, and thought I should share the package (attached to this post).

You can see in the screenshot below how well-organised they are. I was careful not to leave out anything, like slabs, corner bars or floor details. Also tested them, they all saved correctly. Should speed up the process for others...

Untitled.png

Attachments