Wild space expansion

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wild space expansion

The Burning Amber

As per parliaments decision The Coalition of planets has decided to start expanding there territorial holding further into wild space.

To safeguard these goals naval forces were assigned to specific sectors to scout out recourses and clean out any pirate activity.

One of these vessels assigned to the task is The Burning Amber.

Ship type:

Battle cruiser

Ship role:

Able to operate for long periods of time this vessel is often assigned to patrol sectors to maintain order. Its formidable weaponry and supporting crafts give it an edge when encountering changing situations.

Statistics:

Dimensions: L188 H43 W77

Mass: 8.5 K

Power: 1M (1M e/s)

Thrust: 10 K

Shields: 750 K (19 K e/s)

Weaponry:

• 6 main AMC cannons
    • 2 Heat-seeking missile banks
    • 1 wave pattern BB missile bank
    • 1 sniper BB missile bank
    • 8 light turrets
    • 3 heavy turrets

Supporting crafts:

• 2 light attack fighters
    • 1 Worker drone
    • 1 Shuttle

Layout: The battle cruiser features the following rooms.

• Main bridge
    • Ready room
    • Crew quarters
    • Medical bay
    • Crew common room
    • Fighter docking bay
    • Worker drone docking bay
    • Shuttle docking bay
    • Weapon and technical areas

Reaction score
    I love this ship, good job. I would love to see what else you might come up with in the future

Reaction score
    Please upload more, I\'d love to see some of your smaller craft

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Contact

The initial survey of local space has revealed a number of resource rich planets.

The decision was made to startup local production facilities to support the expansion into this sector of space. The re4sources found would be of great help with this.

A dessert like planet was chosen to settle the first pioneers. Mainly because of its very close proximity to several rich asteroids and the nearby ice planet. Additionally the planets climate would be better suited for heavy industry.

To settle the workers and to support the planned production and transport of goods work began on an orbital station connected to the service of the planet by means of an orbital lift.

Under the watchful eye of the Burning Amber the work on the station has started.

This precaution was not unfounded.

After initial work on the orbital elevator was completed an attack by pirates disrupted the work schedule.

Fortunately the pirate ships were no match for the guns of the Burning Amber.

Analyses of the pirate wreckage showed the ships to be of very old models and drone controlled. It was concluded this was a probing attack to test defenses.

To bolster security of the system a squadron of Sabers was assigned to guard the construction site. These heavy fighters would patrol local space while the Burning Amber made itself ready to search out the Pirate base that launched the attack.

The “Saber” Heavy fighter is the heavy hitter under the fighter classes. With its addition of the turret system it is able to attach up to 3 targets at the same time. In addition the fighter is equipped with missile systems to soften up the target. In groups these fighters are even able to take out larger targets.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Some additional Info:

• Yes, the space elevator is actually functional. The elevator itself is a ship that can be moved up or down along the guiding rails.
    • The space station is actually a space station. The elevator mooring line is an expansion of that. Lining everything up with the planet was a pain.
    • I learned that if you build up high from a planet the gravity gets funky. It would pull you into the planets gravity well ones you neared the structure. No, matter how high is was.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    You mean that is a totally functional orbital elevator? I need to know more about this. Like how the mooring line works and how the actual elevator part works.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Orbital elevator

The orbital elevator is set up with 3 separate builds.

• The ship build
    • The station build
    • The planet build

The screens below show some of the important highlights.

The elevator itself is a ship build specifically to just fly along the mooring line up or down. It is basically the same concept as the monorail system I’ve seen in some vids people build on plants.

Just take into account to add enough engines so the elevator can escape the plants gravity easily.

The second thing to take into account is to make the hole in the middle of the ship 1 block wider that the guiding rail.

The planet build should consist of ate least a basic platform for the elevator to land on. I also started to build the mooring line from this. A good way to do it is to pillar up to the desired high and then place the space station block dead center on this pillar so everything lines up. After this you can tear this pillar down again and start building the mooring line from the space station. This is mainly to negate any negative gravity effects that will occur if the line is part of the planet build.

The space station itself can be everything you design it to be. Placing it correctly is the hard part. I found that being dead center on the block before the block where the space station block is going to be is the most important. In the picture below it shows the disembarking area for the elevator. The 3 bleu pats lien up with the doors in the elevator so passengers can disembark easily. Escalators will take them up to the rest of the station. The Red path is for the operating crew of the elevator.

Reaction score
    why not just build the station from the plannet? making a station seems like a waste of work

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I have thoroughly concluded the Isanth-VI is a pathetic pirate fighter. In no test whatsoever did it manage to defeat the Saber class heavy fighter. And they are about the same size. The Isanth-VI just has to little shielding to truly be able to survive for a prolonged amount of time. A well-known fact most likely. Probably why the pirates threw them against the system defenses as a test.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You do not build it from the planet because this will include the planets gravity. This means the elevator will just go down again. With a space station you don’t have this problem.

Reaction score
    So even using a build block within the gravity of the planet will increase the planet\'s gravity well to the opposite end of the structure?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The way I experienced it is that every block that’s part of a planet build has the same gravity well as the planet. So as soon as you near a structure build up from a planet you will start falling.

This gravity field seems to extend a couple of blocks from the actual block itself.

Reaction score
    I love your style! Dude I\'m just awed

by this ship. It\'s pure awesomeness.

I like it, I love it and I can\'t get enough

of it.

Btw Your smaller ships remind me of

my stuff o_O... :D No but seriously, I

dig your styling, Its superb triple A+

Fantasticallyesquisitastic.

^^^^^

Mouth full :O

Bye bye... :b

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Foreshadowing

A patrol group spotted an unidentified fighter craft in a nearby sector. Unfortunately they failed to apprehend the craft. It managed to escape using the local asteroid field as a cover.

Later analyses of scanned data identified the fighter as a modified heavy fighter. This fighter design is better known as The Raven.

Pirate activity is suspected.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I should build a ship named the Fantasticallyesquisitastic. I imagine it’s going to be a pirate ship of cobbled together parts and named that by its pirate owner.