Why power reactor module formula is not something like the power capacitor formula ?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It seems a pretty important part of the reason they are lines has been glossed over.

You can more reliably break a line of blocks rather than a blob which will start to cripple the targets power regen.
    That would not be possible if everyone just had blobs of power regen like they do capacitors.

Like Keptick said, more groups = less efficiency, so in combat making your opponent's groups shorter and more numerous is a pretty great depth to ship combat that I don't want to see die because some people may think it is hard.
    Easy solution:
    Require power to be a line, similar to warp-gates, just with 2 ends.
    These End's Distances in x+y+z needs to be axis/2 long to work optimally.​

The line on Axis-X = 1/4 : Only 50% efficiency for that axis.
    Each axis uses the most efficient line available for this calculation.​

Efficiency = (X.efficiency + Y.efficiency + Z.efficiency) /(( (1+ power-lines) *4/3))
    Now you require exactly 3 Reactor-lines where each needs to span across 1/2 an axis and which can't be a blob.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Easy solution:
    Require power to be a line, similar to warp-gates, just with 2 ends.
    These End's Distances in x+y+z needs to be axis/2 long to work optimally.​
    The line on Axis-X = 1/4 : Only 50% efficiency for that axis.
    Each axis uses the most efficient line available for this calculation.​
    Efficiency = (X.efficiency + Y.efficiency + Z.efficiency) /(( (1+ power-lines) *4/3))​
    Now you require exactly 3 Reactor-lines where each needs to span across 1/2 an axis and which can't be a blob.
    Why? what is even the purpose of what you just posted?

Reaction score
    If I'm not mistaken, the only problem with 3D power groups is their weak point, if one connector between the three lines is broken, your power is now the cubic root of what it was(If I'm correct, the power in 2 or 3D grids is the total value if the dimensions were filled[a reactor 3 long in each direction has the power of 27 blocks]) . In all other ways it's actually squareing or cubing your pwoer output.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452713083,1452712954][/DOUBLEPOST]As well as being able to go inside eachother, so a 5long 3d point reactor, can fit a 4 inside it, a 3 inside that, a 2 inside that, and theres still a block left, all different reactors in onespace.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If I'm correct, the power in 2 or 3D grids is the total value if the dimensions were filled[a reactor 3 long in each direction has the power of 27 blocks]).
    That's not how it works, the formula uses the sum of X, Y and Z dimensions. Thus a 7 block stick is equal to a 7 block 3D plus.

Reaction score
    Darn. That would be(a slightly overpowered) really cool system. If that was the system(power system changes), I would make the bounus "phantom" blocks only give a half of a regular block at 30 bounus blocks, 1/4 at 100, 1/8 at 200, 1/16 at 300, ect. to work as dimishing returns.