Why elwyneternity needs a reset...

Reaction score
    At first, I didn't even wanna watch this. Then I saw the reactions. Then I thought, I could say something like "I especially liked the marquee.", but seriously… Please just stop polluting the forums with your videos. If you really need to, make a thread in the subforum where it belongs, but not a new thread for each single one of them. Also… You get a medal for stuff like this?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I fell that @aceface either got overconfident, or he just powted this because subconsciously he is annoyed/sad/angry that his battle video sparked a chain of unfriendly reactions.

To you, aceface, I say this: You should just have contacted the server owner, posting a video like this isn't the best of ideas, regardless of whether it is justified or not.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I also wish to point out the fact there is definatly a better way to reach out to the admins, this is the wrong way to do so. you should have come to us and said something, rather than insulting the server publicly in such away. As I have explained, the issue is out of our control, and unrelated to the world (we actually know what happens when these occur, we are the ones with access to the console).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm sure the purpose of this video was more to show Incap that he wasent the only one lagging.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you really need to tell people about this, do it in the EE thread. But as it is, it seems you are just trying to anger people. Which is a no-go here.

Please clarify?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Servers get laggy guys. Unless the admin is demonstrating a serial apathy towards the blights of the users something posted in the forum isn't needed. You coulda just linked it to the EE admin team in a PM.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Servers get laggy guys. Unless the admin is demonstrating a serial apathy towards the blights of the users something posted in the forum isn't needed. You coulda just linked it to the EE admin team in a PM.
    Not this laggy.

NEW TITLE FOR THREAD:

*Why you should NOT play on elwyneternity

I proclaim this entire thread to be pointless. /door

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This is a bug that is deeply routed in starmades netcode, schema has confirmed it for us.

The issue is that the networking thread locks up when a single client fails to respond (such as on logins, logouts, when people experience minor internet dropouts). The server will then sit and wait until they respond, everything running like physics and factories, except the bit that talks to clients. when it affects 1 client, it affects all of them. This has been around for along time, but only since a recent patch has it become a problem (I assume schema made a change to the netcode somewhere). Understand that we play on the server too, we are just as pissed as anyone else, but we have taken every step we can up to having a script check the server is still responding, and if not, zip the logs and a thread dump and send them to schema.

Every server see's it, some more than others, depends on a number of things. there is nothing we can do about it. And I'm sure gravypod and the rest of us would like to see this thread/video removed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I still do not see how this is insulting to the Elwyn staff[DOUBLEPOST=1413788780,1413788482][/DOUBLEPOST]This video was ment as more of a joke than a rant, but if it bothers you that much I'll speak to Aceface and try to convince him to at least lock the thread.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Maybe it's because you imbeciles are using ridiculously massive ships :eek:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This server is the server that my faction "Calderon Republic" has their battles, and compared to any other mainstream server; redshift, feedupyourbeast, armada etc.. it still doesn't have this bad of lag spikes. As it can be seen in the video it was not just me who was pissed, so I showed that in a way that I thought seemed funny :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Maybe it's because you imbeciles are using ridiculously massive ships :eek:
    those ship you deem as "ridiculously massive" are all 27k mass and under, smaller than what most people fly by a long shot. If I were you I would delete the word Imbeciles from that post the next time you edit it.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    those ship you deem as "ridiculously massive" are all 27k mass and under, smaller than what most people fly by a long shot. If I were you I would delete the word Imbeciles from that post the next time you edit it.
    mmmmmm nah

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If you really need to tell people about this, do it in the EE thread. But as it is, it seems you are just trying to anger people. Which is a no-go here.

Please clarify?
    I was not in any way trying to cause anger. I just wanted to make a montage of all the lag caused during the Tartaran empire vs Calderon fight, which basically ruined everything. I also thought it would be relavent because when editing the video I had to edit out sooooo much footage that was simply lag spikes, emphasizing the need for a universe reset.[DOUBLEPOST=1413800241,1413800030][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I fell that @aceface either got overconfident, or he just powted this because subconsciously he is annoyed/sad/angry that his battle video sparked a chain of unfriendly reactions.

To you, aceface, I say this: You should just have contacted the server owner, posting a video like this isn't the best of ideas, regardless of whether it is justified or not.
    How the heck am I being overconfident???? :mad::mad::mad: Me and my friends were just pissed that the sheer amount of lag nearly called off the faction fight.[DOUBLEPOST=1413800453][/DOUBLEPOST]
    At first, I didn't even wanna watch this. Then I saw the reactions. Then I thought, I could say something like "I especially liked the marquee.", but seriously… Please just stop polluting the forums with your videos. If you really need to, make a thread in the subforum where it belongs, but not a new thread for each single one of them. Also… You get a medal for stuff like this?
    I make videos that are funny to me and my friends. If you don't like my taste of humour then don't click the video or ignore me on the forums. It's that simple.