Why elwyneternity needs a reset...

Reaction score
    I make videos that are funny to me and my friends.
    Because stuff being funny to a very small group of people automatically justifies letting the whole world know about it. You're like those noobs that use organizational mailing lists for everyday internet-humor.

ignore me on the forums.
    Because threads still showing in the overview but me not being able to click them makes it better in any way.

It's that simple.
    I'll tell you what is simple: Stop being a dick, and do what polite people do: Open a thread in FanArt where it belongs, and update it regularly with your newest videos. I don't see any other of those people that regularly produce videos constantly create threads (and I'm happy they don't, because otherwise there wouldn't be anything else than video threads).

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Because stuff being funny to a very small group of people automatically justifies letting the whole world know about it. You're like those noobs that use organizational mailing lists for everyday internet-humor.

Because threads still showing in the overview but me not being able to click them makes it better in any way.

I'll tell you what is simple: Stop being a dick, and do what polite people do: Open a thread in FanArt where it belongs, and update it regularly with your newest videos. I don't see any other of those people that regularly produce videos constantly create threads (and I'm happy they don't, because otherwise there wouldn't be anything else than video threads).
    If anyone needs to be polite it's you. Calling people dicks and saying that they do not deserve their medals spending hours making videos dedicated to a game is not really nice. I am suprised you get medals for clicking "reject" once every week. Anyway, it doesn't seem like you have anything relavent for me to know your existence on the forums.

*hits ignore buttom*

I never meant to offend anybody, so please guys just stop raging and I am sorry if I did.

[DOUBLEPOST=1413812949,1413812887][/DOUBLEPOST]
    can you do the battling on a battle mode server
    We would have, but unfortunately due to the TE's constant rescheduling, the owner of the elwyn battle server didn't know when to have it up.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We would have, but unfortunately due to the TE's constant rescheduling, the owner of the elwyn battle server didn't know when to have it up.
    not true, it takes 5 minutes to set up the battle server, deadlis was just sleeping ^^

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think most people don't assume that it was to cause anger. However, it still remains a fact that it wasn't a good idea to make this video.

Aceface should rather have contacted the server owner to get this message across.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think most people don't assume that it was to cause anger. However, it still remains a fact that it wasn't a good idea to make this video.

Aceface should rather have contacted the server owner to get this message across.
    The message got across anyway - and since I am tired of this lag why not make something that is sad/boring/frustrating into something funny?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Why is everyone getting upset about this? You can't lie it happens pretty often, and it's not the fault of anyone, so there isn't much harm that can be done by simply drawing attention to it.

(Now don't go hating on me for standing up for aceface here, but everyone just needs to chill, he didn't do anything to intentionally offend anyone, so it wouldn't seem out of the question to forgive him if he did.)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Why is everyone getting upset about this? You can't lie it happens pretty often, and it's not the fault of anyone, so there isn't much harm that can be done by simply drawing attention to it.

(Now don't go hating on me for standing up for aceface here, but everyone just needs to chill, he didn't do anything to intentionally offend anyone, so it wouldn't seem out of the question to forgive him if he did.)
    thanks man

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive

It's more or less the way it's presented (like alot of things on this site of late I feel...), and some people can see it as an attack on the server.
    You can compare to saying generic Jim's house is full of garbage, then 2 weeks later everyone is saying he's a slob (ever though his house might not have been that messy, or could not even be his fault! Damned kids these days...).

The server was called laggy, which is an insult akin to saying Jim's house is a mess, and it could very well cause players to to chose a different server and/or damage the reputation, which affects what servers the veterans recommend to new players.
    But yeah... not really a huge problem, but in a game like this, and a community as small as this, every little bit counts. And pointing fingers at a server because of a netcoding(?) problem is like calling a guy a slob cause he didn't clean up after breakfast because of work... so I can somewhat see why people are hostile-ish.

Even if it was a mistake, I dont see an apology or clearing up of said mistake. Put in the OP something along the lines, otherwise I doubt there'll be any forgiving... maybe forgetting eventually.
    -/2 cents because I was bored

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Maybe Jim should clean house.... and he would worry about if someone comes over... it's a good server, but their is alot of housekeeping to he done about it.... lag spikes

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    All the servers are getting reset when the galaxy update hits.

Can we just drop this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    What does it matter most server are going to get reset after the universe update any way.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is a bug that is deeply routed in starmades netcode, schema has confirmed it for us.

The issue is that the networking thread locks up when a single client fails to respond (such as on logins, logouts, when people experience minor internet dropouts). The server will then sit and wait until they respond, everything running like physics and factories, except the bit that talks to clients. when it affects 1 client, it affects all of them.
    Wow. THAT'S the issue? Why exactly does this happen? It's obviously not an obvious/easy fix or it'd be fixed by now, I'd think/hope. So, knowing that, I'm a bit curious what causes it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was not in any way trying to cause anger. I just wanted to make a montage of all the lag caused during the Tartaran empire vs Calderon fight, which basically ruined everything. I also thought it would be relavent because when editing the video I had to edit out sooooo much footage that was simply lag spikes, emphasizing the need for a universe reset.
    Sorry, no, posting a thread named "Why elwyneternity needs a reset..." with a video making fun of the server (whether intentional or not) is exactly how you cause anger.

How the heck am I being overconfident???? :mad::mad::mad: Me and my friends were just pissed that the sheer amount of lag nearly called off the faction fight.
    Don't be a blowhard.

I make videos that are funny to me and my friends. If you don't like my taste of humour then don't click the video or ignore me on the forums. It's that simple.
    It's less easy to ignore several video threads by the same person in the General discussion thread, I feel that this would be a valid argument had the video stayed on YouTube. (Though someone moved this thread to Fan Art/Screenshots. Thanks whoever that was!)

Sorry, if this offends you, I really felt like addressing the points you made.

Reactions: der_scheme
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Seems like it doesnt matter what you say or do, you end up making someone made or upset.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Sorry, no, posting a thread named "Why elwyneternity needs a reset..." with a video making fun of the server (whether intentional or not) is exactly how you cause anger.

Don't be a blowhard.

It's less easy to ignore several video threads by the same person in the General discussion thread, I feel that this would be a valid argument had the video stayed on YouTube. (Though someone moved this thread to Fan Art/Screenshots. Thanks whoever that was!)

Sorry, if this offends you, I really felt like addressing the points you made.
    ugh, in a matter of days or even hours this thread would have been gone, it's just because of people like you that keep it staying up there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Servers get laggy guys. Unless the admin is demonstrating a serial apathy towards the blights of the users something posted in the forum isn't needed. You coulda just linked it to the EE admin team in a PM.
    just a question, have YOU even PLAYED on EE, it lags for like 1 min every time someone logs on

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I have actually. Under a different name for reasons I'd rather not go into. And I maintain my position. Servers get laggy. If the server's admini-ship is completely ignoring their users then it might be time to find saltier waters. From what I have seen that is not the case with EE. Their admins do care.

Reactions: therimmer96