Who plays with "draw logic pipes" on?

Do you have "draw logic pipes" turned on or off?

• On

• Off

• On, thinking about turning them off.

• Off, thinking about turning them on again.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I keep them On, I wire stuff up very tidily, and use onboard-to-onboard wireless connections to avoid having to reroute pipes when large-distance connections would break the rectilinear grid, passing through RP-oriented interior spaces.
    A lot of people don't realize that, several updates back, wireless logic blocks were changed so their connections (within the same entity) are not visible by default. People can still turn on "SHOW ALL CONNECTIONS" to see these logic lines, but most people don't even know the setting exists.

Reaction score
    A lot of people don't realize that, several updates back, wireless logic blocks were changed so their connections (within the same entity) are not visible by default. People can still turn on "SHOW ALL CONNECTIONS" to see these logic lines, but most people don't even know the setting exists.
    This is really good to know considering the swell in new player population vs veterans. IE: if you rely on those lines as a stylistic element, then you are actually handicapping yourself from the perspective of who's most likely to download it. Might be good if you are using them as a decorative element to layer them with capsule pipes or something so as not to leave your lines looking bare.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Always had it turned on, and i do reroute things to keep ot clean looking. I dont use logic for a whole lot anyway. Just doors and landing gear.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Usually turn them on, and even sometimes use them in decoration. But sometimes, when I need to work on something extremely packed, I turn them off. There's not too much difference... Plus, you know, in case the visitor has them on, you need to ensure all unneeded pipey stuff is hidden, so the last check should be made with them on (IMHO).

Reaction score
    Glad you just resurrected this thread, just starting working on something that will look terrible to ppl who keep that on.

Reaction score
    Wireless blocks are the way to go, if I go into detailed ships, I'll end up making a centralized hub for certain logic systems, like hangar doors and module armor... For pedestrian doors and hopefully land based vehicles doors (someday) I would make localized logic systems

Reaction score
    Well, the number of applications have fallen off due to power 2.0 trying to kill practical logic, but uses include(d):

-Chaindrives: used for perma-jumping
    -Logic inhibitors: staged jump inhibitors create a continuous inhibitor signal which effectively doubles it's effectiveness.
    -Staged turret systems: By connecting your turrets to a logic system you can create firing patterns to do all sorts of things like fire ion ahead of block weapons, reduce power capacity requirements, etc.
    - These same systems also doubled for turning on/off fire-on-target turrets to prevent friendly fire.
    -Staged swarmers: staging swarmers is great for killing drone fleets and acting as distractors.
    -Logic guns: less accurate than traditional hull mounted weapon systems, but can be much more powerful through staging, and can also do unfocused fire in a way that staged turrets can't
    -Auto-defence systems for killing boarding astronauts.
    -Hanger logic for a recon shuttle and/or escape pod(s)
    -Laminar or wave shield activator (to reduce lag when not in use)
    -Raildocker doors: used to keep people from force docking you with boarding ships or tracker tags.
    -Detector Turrets: Fire-at-any turret used as a sensor system to activate certain kinds of systems such as jump inhibitors, or just to alert you of nearby enemies with something like a blinking light.

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but these are probably the most common.
    Some more uses just for fun including some things that got patched pre-power update:
    - AMS cycling: keeps AMS from getting too distracted by distraction missiles.
    - Warhead hammers: use of area trigger and rails to swing or push warheads with enough force to do a lot of damage regardless of the actual speed and trajectory of your torpedo.
    - Drone/torpedo/chaff launchers.
    - Logic Jammers: Set on a cycle, multiple jammers could be combined with a logic system to reset jamming quickly after getting scanned.
    - Zero-Point Injectors: Used to exploit power and shield support systems.
    - Pulse Drives: Like chain drives, but uses a single warp core and logic multiplexing.
    - Curtain AMS: auto fire AMS waffles.
    - Speed Maneuvering Systems: Use of dock/undock with turning rails to make ships that could do weird hair-pin turns.