White screen at 50% loading v0.198.146

Reaction score
    I am unable to play the game anymore because of this, and I haven't seen any other posts with this problem so I'll just make a new one. I open up the launcher (v16), click play, the usual screen pops up with the starmade logo and loading progress. Once it gets to 50%, indefinite white screen. I've updated my video drivers, verified java, still nothing. Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated, and if there's any more info I can give, ask and I'll see what I can do. Thanks

Reaction score
    Seems like the game might be hanging on the Intro video(at default a Schine logo on a white background), do you have Mac or Linux? These systems have videoo playback problems with StarMade.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    open the settings.cfg in the Starmade install folder with notepad and change the following line to this

PLAY_INTRO = false
    TUTORIAL_PLAY_INTRO = false

if there isnt a settings.cfg
    use this one to copy to your game and change the ingame settings to your preferences (remove the .txt part first)

and maybe get us a log.txt.0 file from a failed gamestart (check for timestamp)

Attachments

Reactions: DarmokAndJalad
    Reaction score
    Well that did it. I checked out the settings.cfg and saw that the last 5 lines weren't even there, so I copied them from yours. Now it loads to the main menu, and sometimes I can get into a game without crashing or freezing. But now I'm dealing with a ton of new problems not related to this thread (audio issues, freezing/crashing upon loading a world, etc.), naturally lol. Anyway, thanks for your help, I might just end up waiting for more updates and bugfixes before playing more earnestly.

EDIT: It's worth noting my PC is pretty beast, so the problems are without a doubt game related not hardware related.

Reaction score
    Thanks for posting this issue with a solution. I had this happen to me today.