White Boxes in the Galaxy Map

Reaction score
    i have the same problem.

i have upgraded my drivers, it didn't solve it.

i reach to upload graphcisinfo, but not settings... ( it simply doesn t appear in starmade folder with "Upload a file", while it does with window explorer.... )

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    You would have to rename the file to txt or zip it ...but its not realy needed
    It looks like it is a problem with either Nvidia or OpenGL in General ... everyone so far with the problem runs an older NV GPU with OpenGL 3.3.x Version .. havnt seen it beeing reproduced as of now with AMD or with NV with Open GL 4.4.x +.
    So i guess we will have to put this into the hands of the developers and see if they know why it happens ...
    ... and then wait for a fix.

but thanks for all the uploaded files .. thats very useful

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I won't nag <g>, but sadly this phenomenon is there still in the latest update...
    Just a reminder guys, since this breaks the game if you want to do anything else but building things...

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Tester
    we know ... sadly ... its not happening for Schema on his Nvidia GPU.
    He tried to fix it based on a guess. And no tester was able to verify that it was still broken.
    So yeah ... search continues for that.

Reaction score
    it doesn't solve the problem but may help making the game still playable.

i have found that selecting a path ( anything except a sun, because you can't really reach it safely ), and going there, can remove the white problem on the system you are in ; then, only the selected sector is white, until you reach it, or "center on current position".

This way, travelling in the galaxy/the system is far easier because you can see all the bases in systems without having to zoom into the system white box.

obviously it need faction territory turned off.

Reaction score
    And yet another player here with the problem.
    I'm running Windows 10 with a GTX 750 ti with the latest drivers.
    This didn't start happening till after the update.

Attachments

Reaction score
    Just to add another data point, I have the same issue, white boxes since the latest update, pretty certain it was working fine before 0.194.
    GNU/Linux, AMD8350 CPU, Nvidia GTX960, driver version 355.06, OpenGL 4.5.0
    Touched every option and their brother in the settings.cfg because I am trying to no avail to get the procedural star background working, so there's no single settings.cfg. The boxes however were always white and opaque.

PS.: Just an odd idea... if it "started" around a certain update, and only affects Nvidia cards, and "is really affecting all now" (to quote AndyP), maybe the problem is really a Nvidia driver update that came out at around the same time, and more and more people have now updated... I suppose everyone so far is using the proprietary Nvidia drivers?
    I'll downgrade a few versions and see if it changes anything. BBL... (famous last words)

Reaction score
    I went back and installed version 349.16 of the drivers, but the map still shows white boxes. Was worth a try though.

Reaction score
    Same issue. AMD 9590, GTX 960, latest Win 10 driver. This wasn't happening in the previous version of the game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, maybe it has to do with driver updates for 'newer' Nvidia cards, but let me remind you that with my old GTS 250 it happened with old drivers as well as the new installed one... Additionally I had and have no problems with any other game with either driver flavor.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    I have the same white box in galaxy problem. I have a nvidia 9600GTM. Hope you be able to solve it cause it is really annoying -.-'

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm getting it to. Just updated to the latest drivers and still nothing but uniform white boxes as far as the eye can see.

Attachments

Reaction score
    I think the problem is known by now EDIT: and apparently fixed in the next update.

What might be interesting additional information is whether it affects other GPUs besides Nvidia's as well, and there might be a connection to this issue, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think the problem is known by now EDIT: and apparently fixed in the next update.
    Thats great news.

I have several other factions butted up against where I made mine, and I can't tell my space from theirs without physically flying into it and reading the sector notice that pops up. Makes me hesitant to gather resources outside of my home system because I can't be 100% sure if I'm in my own sector or not.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thank you lawd, it done got fixed!