Which display card am i using?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    My laptop have 2 displays, one intel crap for normal use to save power and one Nvidia for gaming.
    But I noticed that seems starmade is only using the intel crap? Because I am only having around 60fps
    And I saw other people using Nvidia have up to 400fps???

Is there any way to see what card is starmade using? Also to choose what card it will use?

PS. my other spec: 2.3Ghz i7, 16GB ram, memory setting for starmade is Max 8192, Initial 2048, Early 1024

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I should have a similar system type:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 - NVIDIA Geforce GT540 M

Depending on manufacturer you have preinstalled powerprofiles,
    at least in the NVIDIA manager it is possible to enable and disable 'Hardware acceleration' for some profiles.

So, while playing the game, and switch to a profile that has it disabled for sure
    (Max battery saving, for example)

The FPS should drop significantly. (And when in battery mode you most likely wont be able to start startmade at all due to incompatible intel drivers.)

I guess the NVIDIA M variants are less powerful, and you need to create a profile specific for gaming to use it at max speed.
    By manufacturer the 'Full Power' was the only profile allowing my CPU-Booster and the Hardware-acceleration. With it my FPS went up from 15-20 up to around 40-200 (depending on stuff on screen).

So I created a profile for 'usual use', as it allows the CPU to step down, but also allows it to go to 100% and boost if needed.
    Same for GPU.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    My laptop have 2 displays, one intel crap for normal use to save power and one Nvidia for gaming.
    But I noticed that seems starmade is only using the intel crap? Because I am only having around 60fps
    And I saw other people using Nvidia have up to 400fps???
    I don't follow your logic. If vsync is on, you won't be able to get fps higher than your 'refresh rate', which is likely 60 hz. If it isn't on, I'm not really sure what benefit you're supposed to get from getting the game to update the graphics 6 or 7 times faster than the display can update them (other than visual glitches).