Where is the turning axis?

Reaction score
    I made a ship with a core blcok at the back of the ship and a cockpit module at the nose of the ship.
    i'm turning but i'm viewing through the cockpit module and not the core. Where is my turning axis? The core, cockpit, myabe even the center of it all?

Reaction score
    I believe the core will always be the turning axis, did you make sure to get in at the core?

Reaction score
    Well it's a fictional ship in my example. I think you can only enter from the core to actually pilot the ship.
    actually when i think about some AI battles i've started the ships seem to turn from the core.

I've been creating different ships(big ones or parts of ones) and i'm trying to consider protection around the core. So naturally i'd put it towards the back of the ship in an engine area. If it is centered to the core and i'm looking through a cockpit at the nose of the ship then i think it should take longer to turn.

Reaction score
    Are you suggesting a feature or reporting a bug? You have confused me, sorry.

Reaction score
    Just asking where the turning axis is.
    I think you might of answered my question but i'm still not sure that it's based off of the core block.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yes, the pivot of a ship will always be the core :)