When was your golden age of StarMade?

Reaction score
    About march to June of this year was mine. I had lost my job, and between job searching and my kids, I actually had the free time to mess around quite a bit. Updated my most popular CC ship, uploaded 2 more, and started 3 or 4 others.

I'm looking at hitting another high point now though. Gonna be focusing less on large interiors, and more on, you know, FUNCTIONAL ships lol.

edited to correct autocorrect.

Last edited:
    Reactions: aceface

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    I miss the (I believe the name was) Starmada, Youtube stuff, When Odra Noel made that city and the other guys showed interesting ships and RolePlays...

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You know what we really need?

A server with:

Buy with credits
    1mil soft block cap
    Single galaxy
    High mining bonuses
    Moderately tough pirates, but nothing too huge
    Some sort of events
    A bank wrapper

Basically, get it close to oldskub with some of the newer stuff thrown in too

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    I would say the golden age for me was the months following the addition of capture points in the LvD server up to the Red Uprising. The sheer amount of mass that got killed on the server during that time was easily in the 10s of millions... turns out, a lot of it was exploited resources, but it was still fun as hell. BDoW did a good job of getting people out of their bases and trying to hold territory. I think if the game supported more of the community driven admin level stuff , that we could see more interest grow.

That said, another issue which I hate to admit is skill gap. We've got these 3-5 year vets that are just so much better than noobs that I think that getting into the game may be becoming intimidating. In the past it was like this faction might have a good AMS, that one has some good armor techniques, and this third one was good at staging weapons, but now it's like the top 20% of players know ALL of that shit very well, so every noob that comes far enough along to try to bridge the gap is getting 3-6 months into it thinking they finally have stuff figured out, then along comes one of us bastards and fracks them in a ship a fraction of their size without even taking a scratch. Or worse, one of us hears there is a fight finally happening after a month of quiet and then 8 guys in heavy cruisers show up to nuke a few drones.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Probably the illusive golden age though I swear that two main servers before illusive we had like 2 weeks that made illusive look half dead in comparison.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This'll probably annoy a bunch of people, but the Yogscast-invasion. I joined then, got hooked, join DFN (when that was still a thing), and tried a bunch of ideas that probably would have crashed the servers I played on (like creating disposable, single use drone racks that carried about 20 drones that would swarm a target and would be deployed in swarms of 5 racks).

Just kinda drifted away from the game after some time and only now started looking back at the game a few months ago. I think I mostly got put off by how hard it is now to spawn ships from a blueprint, since back then all you had to have were the credits to make it and not a laundry list of resources.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    holy shit dragon

dude we're still running, come back to me xD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    nuuuuuuu too busy playing minecraft, PUBG, and stalking certain starmade players.

...i might play just to design and fuck around with stuff though.

Reaction score
    Shipyards and rails updates were the best times for me. Tried to make a pirate faction on Freaks just to provide some framework for opposition in the universe, but just ended up getting steamrolled by veteran space-lego enthusiasts. Tried to build up, but juste ended up discovering heart-breaking problems with my subsystems de jour (e.g. rail entities being flaky and shipyards failing to spawn turrets),

Just kinda gave up after that until fleets came along, got super excited about not scraping planet faces, but quickly discovered just how terrible the fleet ai was and kicked the habit again.

Am I bitter? Yes.

Stike7g5

Mandalorian Shipwright
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!

My
    Golden age began back in the spring of 2012 and continues to this very day! There is not much to be said, I Love this game beyond belief. If you don't quite believe look up my Steam profile (stike7g5) I only have like 1,051 hours logged on the Steam version alone. My next closes game (Another favourite of mine) only has a combined total of 400-500hours over 3-5 games in the series. But regardless I cannot stop loving this game!

Reactions: Jojomo and aceface

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The golden age has yet to come, or never will. Depends on the universe update and subsequent updates, and how fast Dual Universe and other games progress.

Reaction score
    I've yet to have a golden age. This game has always been too bereft of content; nothing outside of building ships is really exciting.

I've played it off and on and I must say the building side of things is finally decent. Too bad it took all these years, and the new power system is trash.
    I would really like something to actually do with my ships once I make them, however.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Once you built a ship you can go into a star and restart building ships.
    You can also declare war with a faction and decide to do a meeting at a given place and bring ships to fight one player and look at the resulting missile circus(thereby resulting in the destruction of some of your ships).
    You might also try to convince the admin that your ship is cool enough for being a pirate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    For me it was summer 2013 to winter 2014. During this time there were so many players on multiplayer and so many interesting personalities everywhere. Became more boring for me since the blueprint update and general player pop has gone down since then.
    I think it is still yet to come. I've built a lot of concept stuff over the years, to test out theory and improve practices, with the idea that I will someday incorporate that into my real builds after release. I've been careful to moderate my play time to keep the game from becoming stale - to the point that I have hardly touched it in the last year. At the same time, I lurk here watching for development update news and catching up on the meta.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    First golden age for me: going from Corneroids (after it became dedgaem) to this. My buds and I were blown away by the original stations, was so exciting when we found the first one. Building shitty little ships & mechs, tinkering.

Second, playing on NASS was great fun. Warring and bantering with MichaelSeph and all the GR scrubs was top notch entertainment.

Third, playing on Hypercore (even though it was the height of missile-made, when PD sucked ass). Good times with good guys!

Runner up: Watching the action on LCB unfold. No invuln homebases, no shields on ships? Good stuff.

---------------------------

Hope there's another one in the future once everything gets all ironed out.

Reaction score
    My best times with this game were between Rails, and Cargo so 2015-ish

Also most of that was due to the Mushroomfleet server which died when the new cargo system broke everybodies refinery/factory/storage systems on their homebases.

We were all expecting them to get fleets/ai fixed along with the shipyards bp system and call it good but that didn't happen.

Seriously guys the cargo storage values should have been 10x as big as they where

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Mine was from 0.09 until the EE reset that wiped my supertitan, favorite part was playing in illusive, server was active, fun and had well-made PvE events every once in a while, and had plenty of combat, specially around the time with the borg

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For me the golden age was the golden age of EE and then Shattered Skies before the big names hopped off and the admins went batshit crazy. There were players to play with, the staff organized regular events, the meta wasn't so incredibly "no fun allowed" type, you actually could have fun playing the game and interacting with other players. I miss those times.