What're You working on? [Closed]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We all start somewhere Zyrr, no one becomes awesome at something overnight. Takes practice and some ingenuity is all.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Heh, yeah, but that doesn\'t mean I don\'t want to be perfect overnight.

Anyways, I\'ve finished the Valiant and I\'m toying with the idea of putting together a carrier to rival it, or perhaps another titan, with fighter bays and an interior. How goes the Morticia?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    She\'s coming along nicely, I take several breaks for naps and to plan out how I want to proceed with the systems and where to hide them. I may put her to the side and design the fighters and shuttles. I may even get a heavy turret designed, and a few medium and smalls going. I like having variety in them.

When Morticia is finished, I have sketches prepare for a much much larger ship that would send foes running the moment it decloaked and dropped the jamming field. It\'s a project I had to scrap due to it not panning out the way I wanted, the power core array was too...bulky. Also need to finish my primary station and give it large docking ports so I can get a small frieghter fleet going.

Reaction score
    So this is my current ship at the moment.

I\'ve been working on her for just over 2 days now and she is about 10% complete, at the moment she is just a hull.

I\'m not going to say what this ship is from or what her name is, I\'m going to let you guys guess :P

EDIT #1

I have been working on the ship for about 9 hours now and I\'m proud to reveal that I have gotten roughly this

so far. Incase nobody has guessed what ship it is, it is the G\'Quan class heavy cruiser from the cult classic, Babylon 5

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Good stuff.

Wait, you wouldn\'t happen to be on... a multiplayer server, would you?

Vii

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And just for good measure, my first 100 percent legit ship, a Reaper

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My current Project is to Rebuild the Taiidan fleet Via Homeorld on a 1:1 scale I have waylaid the 2k long mothership for now it\'s just too much for even the single player server. So Instead I have a carrier and the smaller ships are sde projects as I get bore don the carrier. At first I could not decide a color scale but I rested on blue and black. Some of them are docked on the carrier but my most recent finished piece is my favorite ship form the series. The Assault Frigate.

Notes: The two tiny ships underneath and the turret to the upper left are not mine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    After realizing I had power storage all wrong (thought it worked the same as the power regen), I went back to the drawing board for Sebastian\'s power core because I liked the look of it. What can I say? I like giant glowing, grindy gear cores.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Violet Cruiser: http://imgur.com/a/PmYQv

Small Red Spider Ship: http://imgur.com/a/vSX9B

Reaction score
    hey guys. made a proper bridge section today, still havent put anything inside.

lemme know what you guys think. i also need ideas for the very front. no idea how i\'ll make it look good :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Decided to set Morticia to the side while I ponder how large to make her bridge, so I started on another of te Addams family themed fleet.

http://drakosdoomhaze.deviantart.com/gallery/45227560

I got the idea for shape while staring into a shot of rum....I mean uh......grog, wait that\'s still alcohol, lol. Anyway, you only see the observation room/ops/secondary bridge, the main bridge is yet to come. She is going to be a support/cargo frigate to ferry large amounts of supplies and equipment. Yes my ships all shall have heavy rp purpose to them, especially when I get around to my main mega-project I am currently drawing sketches of for scaling reasons.

I also am using one of the user submitted TPs since it is a bit easier on my eyes

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    http://i.imgur.com/mQTqEp6.png

and here is few other images of cannon:

http://i.imgur.com/QmLTOMf.png

http://i.imgur.com/tccJGbY.png

some information of cannon:

Mass: 1438,7

Power regen: 217536,7 e/sec

Shield: 154651 (4279 s/sec)

6x antimatter Cannon:

each cannon:

Damage 817,4

Distance 1203,9

Reload 679,5

Speed 72,8

Reaction score
    i added two side (soon to be) cannons and a turret I\'ll be copypasting all over the ship.

how should i make the side cannons look?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can\'t seem to stay with one project enough to finish before starting another, so here\'s the current progress on a giant flying Rail Gun.

The two turrets are contoured to the ship slightly, and made wide and flat because I wanted them to match the shape of the ship instead of sticking out. Having them wedged in there doesn\'t seem to effect their movement at all, but it\'s hard to tell with the AI\'s wonky aiming.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Those turrets are looking pretty good in your overal ship design.

I was wondering btw, is there anyway to increase the turning speed of a ship ? Or is it simply tied to it\'s total mass.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I figured out turn speed can be altered based on your thruster arrangements, personally I enjoy large capitals ships turning like obese pregnant whales, lol, adds realism to the potential rp factor.

High turn speeds really only benefit strike craft (bombers, fighters, corvettes, scouts), as larger ships generally have turrets to defend themselves. My usual go-to is the WW2 aircraft analogy, think of capital ships as the spacey (albeit much bigger) version of the \'blahblah\'-fortress planes. They were large, heavy and troublesome to get off the ground and had such slow turn speeds they required turrets in the key points (tail, roof, belly, nose and waist) but they all could take a hell of a beating to take down. The strike craft, P-52 for example, were small, fast, could turn on a dime, packed serious firepower, but could be brought down with a single .50 caliber round.

But thats all just me, lol, I have an obsession with information. I have no real life outside my computer, lmao, so I rad and research anything that catches my interest.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are some awesomely big ships on here that absolutely dwarf mine.

This is basicly my first starship, it\'s a \"corvette sized\" mining vessel, with some firepower to keep pirates away. It has 9 turrets in total, a shuttle craft for 2-3 persons, a shotgun array of mining lasers, a shotgun array of antimatter cannons, and 2 medium sized missile launchers.
    It\'s current stats are:

Base stats:
    lenght: 68m height: 19m width: 42m
    Mass: 1419.4 (14194 blocks) power: 50162.2 (86165.2 e/sec)
    Thrust: 2719.5
    Shields: 210548 (5344 s/sec)

Systems
    Salvage laser X 52 (each having 0.12 mining speed)
    Antimatter cannon X 28 (each having 138 damage, 530 distance, 359 reload, 29 speed)
    SD-BB missile launcher x2 (each having 391 damage, 156 distance, 12.1 reload, 4.6 speed, 27 radius

Turrets
    2x Main turret
    Antimatter cannon x9 (each having 84 damage, 422.7 distance, 462.3 reload, 23 speed)
    shields: 23179 (1091 s/sec)

3x Belly turret
    Antimatter cannon x7 (each having 71.6 damage, 403.1 distance, 515 reload, 23 speed)
    shields: 14229 (767 s/sec)

4x Side turret
    Antimatter cannon x7 (each having 72 damage, 403.1 distance, 515 reload, 22.2 speed)
    shields: 14845 (792 s/sec)

Biggest problem being this ship was originally intended for mining, not combat. As such the core is pretty exposed, and not tucked away neatly in the center of the ship. I\'m also not really planning on making it any bigger, because it already turns a bit too slow for my taste while mining. I\'m just fine tuning it for it\'s intended function.