What have I missed?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Soo... "Its definitely in the cards for the next release" to you means "We don't intend on this to be in the next release".
    No. It doesn't. It mean's its a possibility, but might not happen. And may I remind you of how you started this-
    Also the Cargo update is Friday.
    You said it is going to happen, not it might, or that schine hopes it will, but that it is.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Ah semantics :) to give a bit more clarity then, yes we were aiming for cargo to be in this update, it doesn't seem like that will be the case due to slabs but that's okay because, well... slabs!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Huh. Slabs, which were implemented to facilitate cargo are delaying the cargo update? They seemed to be working fine on the Q&A. Oh well, the delay is disappointing but what can you do. Alpha.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I am one of the people who really really wants to play with cargo, but I am actually happy it won't come on the next update.
    That just means more time for it to be worked on and end up better than if it was rushed, and a rushed cargo system is something I dont want to deal with if I can wait.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Huh. Slabs, which were implemented to facilitate cargo are delaying the cargo update? They seemed to be working fine on the Q&A. Oh well, the delay is disappointing but what can you do. Alpha.
    Slabs did come about due to work on the cargo update, so technically we're just staggering the cargo update as we need to ensure that slabs, a brand new element in the game that is required for cargo to work the way we want it to, is working properly with collisions and physics and ID data structuring etc; no sense trying to rush it all in at once.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm actually even more excited about slabs than cargo, most notably because of all the crapton of options we will get for fine-grained interior building! (Even if that means alot of stuff has to get a facelift).

Reaction score
    I'm actually even more excited about slabs than cargo, most notably because of all the crapton of options we will get for fine-grained interior building! (Even if that means alot of stuff has to get a facelift).
    Same. It will make detailing smaller stuff so much easier.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ah semantics :) to give a bit more clarity then, yes we were aiming for cargo to be in this update, it doesn't seem like that will be the case due to slabs but that's okay because, well... slabs!
    There, see? They said they wanted to do it. Then no updates, now they say it won't. Which is exactly what I said I was looking for, so I'm perfectly fine with it. :)