What exactly IS a 'doom cube'

Reaction score
    Aah, so this is what the guy in the Suggestions thread meant when he was talking about the Brett's Assholination Cuboid...

Resisting it sure looks futile.
    [i'm an author of that thread with cuboids]. Actually, that's the example of a beautiful ship. That's what i meant when i said i measure beauty in the amount of visible effort. You, BiGEdge, are one hell of a craftsman and your ship is beautiful. [And also it seems to have a lot of empty space inside of the ship, so it would be a viable design in my system].

Reactions: vuvko and BiGEdge

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The issue I've always had with this idea is that in space, what is pretty? Is the ISS pretty? No, it looks like a kid's lego session gone wrong but I'm sure a lot of thought went into building it.
    Actually, for what it is and what material and building techniques we have, it looks pretty cool, and obviously it's functional as heck. Not a very good comparison anyway, since in Starmade you can make things looks basically however you want. If NASA could make the ISS look badass for minimal cost and have it still work well, I'm sure they would.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Doom cubes are a mix of poor aesthetic design with better-than-average stats built with the sole intent of destroying anything they encounter with spam weapons or using lag to slow their opponent's client/server to achieve the kill.