What does the "home base" checkbox do?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    As the title here implies I am wondering what the "Home base" checkbox in the catalog actually does.

The server I help to run has a severely limited catalog (intentionally so). But we want people to still have some options when it comes to purchasing ships, I was hoping the checkbox meant that ships could only be purchased from the home base of a given faction, or better still, the home base of the person who the catalog entry actually belongs to. This would mean players would have to visit a shipyard to buy ships and / or turrets.

Unfortunately, testing seemed to come up negative. I tried having both "others" and "home base" checked, and tried having only "home base" checked, but the checkbox in question seemed to make no difference to the functionality of the catalog slot (we tried the shipyard's home-base, and the player's own homebase both)

So now I am curious as to what this button actually does. It is so tantalizing, sitting there with a promise of location-limited purchases, but providing nothing, the inscrutable mystery button that it is.

Thanks in advance!
    Orphaniel

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Those buttons are all OR-linked.

FACTION - Allows all faction members to buy the ship
    OTHER - Allows ALL to buy the ship
    HOMEBASE - Allows the ship to be bought at your faction-homebase regardless of other permissions

Checking homebase, allows the ship to be bought by anyone that comes in range to your faction-homebase-shop.
    You could create sort of a 'public' shipyard with that. But for no real use despite the fact everyone has to visit you to buy those ships, as the money is not added to the shop (for obvious reasons).

Its sort of a 'practical' "Public, but no enemies" xD

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Hmmmm we tried this, maybe my tester did not go close enough to the shoppe like I asked him to....

I'll just test it myself, I think, thankyou for the response

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Well I tested this on my own with a second non-admin account on the server I am on, and if definately did not work. I checked Home Base on a given ship and went to the faction's base with no result.

Perhaps I am doing it wrong? does the ship's "Owner" need to be changed to the name of the faction? Is there a server setting we are missing?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    maybe you will have better luck than me. let me know what happens.

Because if it works as you say it does, it would be AAAAAAWWWWEEEEESOME.

but it does not.
    Sadness ensues.