What does a Death-Star Core do?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    If mobile stations were to be added, they have to be different enough from a capitol size ship other than being able to place space station only blocks on it. Some differences could be that the station could only rotate on the x axis (it could not look up or down, or barrel roll), and its y-axis is locked to the \"alligned\" orientation (when you press c in a ship). It could require its own special station thrusters (maybe balence mobility by having two speeds avaliable: high speed, where the station\'s functions are inhibited (the station has to use All of its energy regen to fly in this mode, preventing the station from abusing the speed necessary to travel long distances, during combat) and a slower speed for manuvering the station around at its destination (like around a planet to allign with the enemy\'s base), where all systems would function normally.

*as i was writting this, i noticed that some of these features could be used for a warp drive or similar addition which adds a much faster thruster for ships, but is not ideal for use in combat. a warp computer which is linked to the ship\'s thrusters, and can be toggled on and off like radio jamming or cloaking.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I dont like dicks, alright?

I especially dont like dicks who tease me because of the name I chose.

Shut up and go back to playing singleplayer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I believe it was used for an old minigame, lost the video somewhere

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yes, it was origionally used in the deathstar minigame.

You had to destroy the other teams death star core to win.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    From the first time I learned of its existence, I thought this core was a weakness block to put on a big pirate ship. If you break it, the whole connected ship dies. I was a bit disappointed at the lack of any effect...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i think the block should make it so when you add it to your ship, it lets you add blocks for stations. my mega build is going to host a city. it would be nice if i was not so limited on the block types i can use. i dont think it should let you make the ship faction home though. too much power, too mobile. i think lifters would be the only real issue as far as coding though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If it was re-added, it\'d just be another core. But hitting it would cause the entire ship to disintegrate. Why?

Well, if foolish ship designers placed it where an exhaust port is at the end of one particular trench, why, some X wings could take the entire ship out with one ship blaster glob! A Death Star Core! Makes the death star, go boom!

Reaction score
    Maybe later they will add a command that will create a Death Star if you sit in the core :D