What do people think is most important for the game now

What does this game need to improve the most?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    While mostly true, why do we not play War-hammer with role-playing humans on a football-field?

Computers are awesome, because you can copy&paste. Because it is cheap to get anything you have once more then once.

And because you can enter/leave/communicate faster (not with our non-faction-group channel less chat :p)
    This is besides the point and an obvious statement. Of course we don't do that because it would bring harm to people. End discussion.

The point then becomes one of competition. There is no real competition in Starmade. Some servers do their best to create events and meaningful experiences for their players, but the game alone does not. The PvP experience is an empty one. It is mainly because there is no reason to compete with someone. This needs to be handled by Schema and needs to be a fundamental part of the game, not something that players need to add on their own.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is besides the point and an obvious statement. Of course we don't do that because it would bring harm to people. End discussion.
    And peoples re-playing battle-scenes from the past also kill themselves? :p

Reaction score
    Personally I think that the game needs a better PvP experience. There really isn't any reason for people to engage with each other. We build these awesome ships and bases that go unused most of the time. There is no sense of competition in this game. That is what it needs the most. The rest is just mechanics and play style adjustments. It's not enough to build a massive ship. I want to use it, and I want a reason to use it. I want somebody to try and take it from me. I want to solve problems and face situations that I can't in other games. I want to negotiate with other factions, form and break alliances. I want to play the hero, the villain, and the unknown soldier. I want all of this to be an integral part of the game. Until competition is introduced it is just a glorified sandbox.

Factions are boring because they can't claim ground or gain any sort of tactical advantage over single players or other factions. There really isnt a reason to take more than one world. I would even argue that this should come before balancing the game. If nobody competes, then it is impossible to measure balance. A simple scoring system may even work. Factions and players would be awarded points based on enemies destroyed, planets claimed, and resources mined. This is really just a first order approximation such that people have bragging rights. The game needs competition, regardless of how it is produced.
    This guy gets it. Incentive to compete, the rest is just tools towards an end.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Details, stability, universe/travel (the two tie together), and of course, as Neon said, incentive to compete, and to build and use ships in general. Incentive to play in general, really.