What direction do you think this game is going in?

Reaction score
    As in, what will be the focus of the game in the eventual release?

Judging by the focus on the shop, the recently introduced cubaton system and the not so recent factory system i feel this game will be focused more on collecting resources in order to slowly rise to power and eliminate the pirate threat. Good ship design is the only way you will survive in the depths of space.

But currently, it could go in any direction! Which is great for an open alpha beacuse it means the developers can see what works and what doesn't work. They're laying the pieces down in order to put them into an enjoyable experience.

What direction do you think they're trying to build the game towards?

Reaction score
    Many of the recent additions were referenced by Schema in this interview from a while back: http://star-made.org/content/coopytv-german-interview-schema-subtitled-part-i

Make sure to use the CC if you don\'t speak german.

Reaction score
    There have been weapon changes recently , powerdrains improved and pulses added. That hints at future space combat overhauls.

I think the most constant theme of the latest updates is player interaction - free wreck looting , better multi-crew support , incentives to trade and new facilities to interact with players outside your faction. Now I just wish this would include means for factions (or individuals) to deal significant , lasting damage to another faction with anything more than a small respawn base.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m really hoping it will start to focus on factions and NPCs other than just pirates. I\'d love to see NPC fleets flying around protecting their space stations and colonies on planets, with actual NPC hauling ships trading with your shops, etc.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Second star to the left, and straight on til morning.

Reaction score
    I hope they don\'t implement a DRM scheme...Don\'t look at me like that. It could always happen.

Anyway, I see that crafting/factories should be improved. Used to be you could chuck 500 rock into a machine to get a science bottle. Now you have to collect five thousand science bottles before you even start! Bad move!

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Having to log in is technically a DRM scheme, and eventually they\'ll require it. Probably the best form of DRM.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Stop putting Gas on fire, Gasboy, there is no such thing here, DRM Scheme, just Schema\'s here, you\'re seeing the words wrong ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yea faction vs faction wars isn\'t really that important yet

so far, it\'s just destroy easily repplacable sub-bases (not the homeworld), or destroy their ships which they can easily just purchas again in the catalog

which one time, my faction was fighting the faction that had server admins in it, and even though using blueprints wasn\'t allowed, they still spawned in ships for themselves when we owned em

I think they where called the silentwarriors or something

Reaction score
    I was being stupid. Small devs wouldn\'t add Simcity 2013 DRM.

Anyway...what do you guys think Scheema is working on now? When do you think it\'ll come out?