What blocks can interact with logic?

Reaction score
    Hey! This thread is pretty self-explanatory. Basically, I want to know what kinds of blocks logic blocks can interact with. Here's what I know so far:
    • docking modules: input to undock craft. Output when craft docks/undocks.
    • lights: input to turn on/off. No output.
    • gravity modules: input to activate gravity for someone. No output.
    • Doors: Input to open/close door. No output.
    • Push/Pull/Stop effect computers. Input: thrust, brake, reverse the ship. No output.
    • Weapons computers. Input: fire the weapon. No output.
    A couple of blocks I've been able to connect to logic blocks, but I can't figure out of they do anything, such as Power modules, ship effects other than push/pull/stop. But I have some questions: can you, for instance, turn on an ion effect with logic? What about radar jammers and/or cloakers? Are there any kinds of blocks I've missed altogether?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    you can connect logic to storage. Input activate/deactivate filter, No output.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Weapons computers. Input: fire the weapon. No output.
    Hmm... Can this be used in a turret with a Bobby AI for targeting, to space out the fire? I would for instance like to put several sets of sniper missiles (missile/beam) into a turret, but rather than have all of them fire at once, draining insane amounts of power and/or requiring huge battery banks and then all being down for forty five seconds while they all recycle, I would prefer to space out their fire so they fire much smaller volleys every six or seven seconds firing just one bank each time. Activating the weapon is one thing, but will the missiles be targeted if activated by logic, or will they just dumb fire in whichever direction they happen to be pointing?

How would I go about setting up a turret that can do as I outlined?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hmm... Can this be used in a turret with a Bobby AI for targeting, to space out the fire? I would for instance like to put several sets of sniper missiles (missile/beam) into a turret, but rather than have all of them fire at once, draining insane amounts of power and/or requiring huge battery banks and then all being down for forty five seconds while they all recycle, I would prefer to space out their fire so they fire much smaller volleys every six or seven seconds firing just one bank each time. Activating the weapon is one thing, but will the missiles be targeted if activated by logic, or will they just dumb fire in whichever direction they happen to be pointing?

How would I go about setting up a turret that can do as I outlined?
    Logic fired sniper missiles will probably be nothing but dumb missiles.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    didnt know that :) ,what signal is output ?
    An activator is activated if the storage contains exactly one item AFAIK, while an OR is activated if the storage contains at least one item.
    I'm not so sure about the former, but very sure about the latter.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    didnt know that :) ,what signal is output ?
    I've never done full chests but an or gate next to the chest will turn high "on" when the chest has anything in it. The activator next to a chest is supposed to be on until the chest is full. Currently chests do not respond to manual input or factories. The indication lights will only change if the contents of a chest is changed via another chest. Hopefully that bug will get fixed soon as I want to beef up my auto factories.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The OP has very interesting findings in regards to logic output. It would be interesting if the devs set up output logic on these systems.
    Lights: Output On? (Using lights as alternative activation blocks)
    Gravity: Output On? (Can't think of a good use here.)
    Doors: Output On? (Huge, huge mission/quest/puzzle opportunities. Open a private door? Set off an alarm. Open the first door of the maze? The maze changes. Open the door to a dark closet? The lights come on automatically. Etc.)
    Computers: Output On? (Activate a post-activation effect, like blinking lights, shutting doors, output to display, etc.)

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    if you're using logic to activate those systems you generally don't need a separate output, you just daisy off what activated it in the first place. Logic will also connect to the rail system once implemented.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Logic will also connect to the rail system once implemented.

also, I think it's less about avoiding daisy chaining and more about trying to get things to activate logic off of interaction, like how this would make opening a door make the lights around the door flash.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    about trying to get things to activate logic off of interaction, like how this would make opening a door make the lights around the door flash.
    Indeed. To the suggestions forum, anyone?

Reaction score
    The OP has very interesting findings in regards to logic output. It would be interesting if the devs set up output logic on these systems.
    Lights: Output On? (Using lights as alternative activation blocks)
    Gravity: Output On? (Can't think of a good use here.)
    Doors: Output On? (Huge, huge mission/quest/puzzle opportunities. Open a private door? Set off an alarm. Open the first door of the maze? The maze changes. Open the door to a dark closet? The lights come on automatically. Etc.)
    Computers: Output On? (Activate a post-activation effect, like blinking lights, shutting doors, output to display, etc.)
    I absolutely agree. How cool would it be if you could have lights flash every time you fired a gun?
    Or a second door close every time you opened a door (airlocks, anyone?)
    That would be so. cool.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I absolutely agree. How cool would it be if you could have lights flash every time you fired a gun?
    Or a second door close every time you opened a door (airlocks, anyone?)
    That would be so. cool.
    Airlocks are quite possible already.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I think we're more going to push using logic to activate those systems, then those systems activating logic.