WGN - Industry and Design

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Wanna thank you guys for all your comments. To
    That frigate sure looks menacing.

I do logic tutorials if you're interested, I know some people like to teach themselves but they're there if you want them. You can also make suggestions for future episodes if there is anything you would like to see.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/svens-practical-logic-tutorials.4024/#post-85351
    thank you for the link. I'll be sure to check it out and more than likely implement it into my builds.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FlyingDebris
    Georgia
    Yes

Volunteer Faction Ships, and I can create some wreckage using the blueprints I have available if you need me to do.

You told me to, so yeah. Also I like the idea.
    *Accepted*, your ships have an interesting look and very distinct. I have faith in your abilities but, If you can get the debris done that would be amazing! I'll message more info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Top4ce
    Texas
    yes

Any, and all!

Because I like your mix of lore and style and want to help!
    Love to have you join, if you'd like to participate in the battle can you let me know which faction you'd like to fly. I'll send you a message soon after.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    jzimmerman4
    United States
    No but I can get it

Volunteer Faction ships

I have plenty of ships in my fleet and I love to get involved with cool community project like this.

Reaction score
    jzimmerman4
    United States
    No but I can get it

Volunteer Faction ships

I have plenty of ships in my fleet and I love to get involved with cool community project like this.
    *Accepted* I've seen your ships and could definitely use another shipwright on the team. I'll send you a message with more info.

Reaction score
    Coming to the final stages of this build on its exterior. Currently adding in the Turrets around the ship then i'll start the skeletal structure of the next ship. Let me know what you guys think and please let me know what you'd like changed or added.

[DOUBLEPOST=1424354491,1424354070][/DOUBLEPOST]Currently thinking of removing the mid section engine parts and replacing them to fit the overall skeletal, ribbed, insect look. I also noticed the red seems to be a bit too much and might just add in one or two strands of red instead.

Lastly thinking about removing the back engine piece that you see in the top view. Doesn't seem to fit the look either. Let me know what you guys think.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Coming to the final stages of this build on its exterior. Currently adding in the Turrets around the ship then i'll start the skeletal structure of the next ship. Let me know what you guys think and please let me know what you'd like changed or added.

[DOUBLEPOST=1424354491,1424354070][/DOUBLEPOST]Currently thinking of removing the mid section engine parts and replacing them to fit the overall skeletal, ribbed, insect look. I also noticed the red seems to be a bit too much and might just add in one or two strands of red instead.

Lastly thinking about removing the back engine piece that you see in the top view. Doesn't seem to fit the look either. Let me know what you guys think.
    The mid section engines are good, they help break up the ship and give an interest area for the eye to rest on. The red is a little heavy, but it fits the style. I would say the lower red panels near the front can use something. As for the rear engines, yeah they don't fit. Maybe a rear observation room or captain's cabin? Like an old school pirate ship.

Ship is looking great btw, keep it up!

Reaction score
    The mid section engines are good, they help break up the ship and give an interest area for the eye to rest on. The red is a little heavy, but it fits the style. I would say the lower red panels near the front can use something. As for the rear engines, yeah they don't fit. Maybe a rear observation room or captain's cabin? Like an old school pirate ship.

Ship is looking great btw, keep it up!
    Thank you for the critique. I did take out the rear engines and I'm currently working on the front and adding in the turrets above and broadside cannons. However something happened to my file where chunks went missing.

Hopefully it was just a load error if not it'll take a bit of time to repair the damage.

Here's some of the turrets being added so far.

The rail gun I have built as a stationary (what you see in the pick) and mobile. The mobile can easily be placed on any ship no problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I really like those turrets!! They all look very appropriate to their role!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thank you for the critique. I did take out the rear engines and I'm currently working on the front and adding in the turrets above and broadside cannons. However something happened to my file where chunks went missing.

Hopefully it was just a load error if not it'll take a bit of time to repair the damage.

Here's some of the turrets being added so far.

The rail gun I have built as a stationary (what you see in the pick) and mobile. The mobile can easily be placed on any ship no problem.
    Very nice looking turrets. If you dock the rail-gun to a standard dock you can use it as a fixed gun that is also AI controlled.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Amazing turrets. Amazing presentation too, that's the argument that won me over.

And that image in the first post *_*

Reaction score
    Hey guys, just finished another concept for the new ship coming soon; the "Affliction". Assault Ship meant to hit the enemy hard with two main guns and secondaries.

Thanks keptick, Sven, and rimmerman. Means a lot from you guys. I'll keep making more so long as people have interest in this. Do hope I can get these done soon for the video recording though.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    is there a download link I missed? I want to try these out! The side views look great

Reaction score
    I'll be adding a download page for the turrets soon. However the pirate ships and the VSF (Volunteer Ship Faction) will not be up until after the faction pack is complete (More than half way for the pirates). Those who want to try them out early will need to sign up for pilot spots in the upcoming video/fight. We'll be doing testing so I can tweak the settings of the weapons, shields, and power.

is there a download link I missed? I want to try these out! The side views look great

Reaction score
    Little sketch before I head to bed. It's not finished but, just to give you guys a sneak peek as to what the smaller assault carrier would kinda look like. With size comparison (may not be exact).

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score

New ship concept is out featuring the Hive Ship (Assault Carrier) Pestilence. Not much is know about this bad boy other than it's sheer destructive force to wipe out entire colonies.

Last time it was ever heard of was when a lone survivor was found inside a crate floating in space with nothing but a beacon repeating the same low frequency SOS. Sadly the person inside the crate was nothing more than a frozen meat stand when found. However there was a recording from the Security Detail that showed this monstrosity swallowing the facility whole.

How many, how strong, and what it might contain has not been revealed.

(The design and armament of this carrier is still up for discussion)

Reactions: jzimmerman4
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    crenr
    Canada
    Yes

Cameraman

I want to interact with the community more. Any and all servers I've been to have been very inactive and consequently, I don't have experience with multiplayer, so my camera work is done in singleplayer. This will be my first time engaging with the community outside of the chat, and I hope to recognize a familiar face or two.

Again, my camera work is done in singleplayer only.

Youtube account

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That shipyard concept art is truly epic. Love it!

Reaction score
    That shipyard concept art is truly epic. Love it!
    Thanks for the compliment. Just so you and everyone else knows. You guys are free to let me know what you think would be awesome to add in to the designs (leaving a pic would help greatly for the explanation). If you have a back story of another faction you'd like to add in by all means let us hear it. I more than likely will sketch it up.

*Accepted*
    I'll send you a message with the teamspeak info so we can talk.

Currently working on a Destroyer Design. Need some advice on what you guys believe a Destroyer might hold as armament, design, an whatever it might carry.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    When I think of a destroyer I think of a ship with tons of weapons, both is size and numbers. I would add ion beams, punch through cannons, swarmers, explosive lock-ons and perhaps a hulk missile or two.

Reaction score
    New ship concept finished; the "Bane"!

This ship has been the what gives many sailors fright. No ship ever could consider themselves safe when this thing is lurking about.

Riddled with so many guns it can look like a blinking star if your far enough away and some have called this ship, "deaths right hand".

Be wary, be vigilant, for the bane of humanity is coming.

Last edited: