Weird shield behavior

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I searched but couldn't find this specific issue so I'll post it here and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Basically, I have a test target ship with about 800,000 shields and a fairly high recharge rate. I just fired a heavy ion beam at it (roughly 350,000 anti-shield damage) then fired some dumb fire missiles (about 8,000 anti-shield damage at it.

As soon as the missiles hit, the target's shields jump back up to full strength. If I fire the laser, wait, then repeatedly fire it again until the target's shields drop, the recharge rate is normal. The instant a missile hits it, the shields go back to full strength.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I searched but couldn't find this specific issue so I'll post it here and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Basically, I have a test target ship with about 800,000 shields and a fairly high recharge rate. I just fired a heavy ion beam at it (roughly 350,000 anti-shield damage) then fired some dumb fire missiles (about 8,000 anti-shield damage at it.

As soon as the missiles hit, the target's shields jump back up to full strength. If I fire the laser, wait, then repeatedly fire it again until the target's shields drop, the recharge rate is normal. The instant a missile hits it, the shields go back to full strength.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong?
    Make sure your not on a sector boundary.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You know what? I think you're right. Both entities were only 400-500 meters apart but in different sectors. I never bothered to change the default sector size on my single player game. Thanks for the help.

Do you happen to know what causes that? Does it have anything to do with the planet/sector rotations