wedge docking and rails plus launch rails

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Every other post i've ever seen about similar things died, got ignored, or lacked information so i've decided to make my own.

1. wedge docks and rails. wedge shaped docks and rails to allow people to dock turrets at angles and smooth out rails that go around corners and down slopes while you can do this via chain docking it invovles lots of docks. space and a complex mechansim that is broken to bugging out and is generally a pain in the ass.

took the liberty of using this guys post to better explain the rail wedges

2. rail launchers. this has been suggested so many times and everyone's response is always to use chain docking. however. chain docking rail dockers are very glitchy laggy big and a lot of servers have docking limits and who wants to use twenty docks to launch a ship at a measly 40m's only to have it bug out at the end glitch in your ship and throw you around because your moving.

rail launchers would be able to be attached to regular rails and would speed up an entity going along the launchers length at a increasing speed per block based on launcher length(if a launcher is 100 blocks long it would be 1% of total speed gained per block of length or somthing similar).

it would also have a base max launch speed that can be changed in server config. the maximum speed at which you would launch the ship would be based on mass enhancers and mass of the ship you are launching. i also think that overdrive should be able to be linked to overdrive blocks to allow you to launch the ships out past normal server max speed until they slow down to normal server speed.

Edit: the launched ship would remain flying in the same direction as long as it is still in the ships box to avoid collison glitching or somthing similar

This is a collection from my opinion and the other very old and dead posts with similar ideas to this.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I feel ships shouldn't be able to traverse between wedge rails and normal rails, it would look somewhat ugly (unless, of course, it was required that you used a rail rotator to do so, that would be quite logical). I do, however, strongly agree with having "launch rails", this would be an extremely helpful feature for many things ranging from launching off of a planet to shooting warheads. And lastly, wedge docks would be a very nice feature. Even though angled docking is already possible it would prove generally easier to have this secondary method.