Weapons lossing connection

Reaction score
    Since .14 hit, I've noticed all of my ships from before the update randomly lose the link between the weapon itself and the weapon terminal, and it will effect a entire group, I had to relink the same group of weapons on a fighter of mine several times while I was working on it, I did not delete the terminal or the weapons themselves nore did I some how press V to unlink all of them in that same group. It's very wierd, one group of weapons will lose connection but another will remain, then later that reverses and the previous broken one remains and the other one losses connection for no apparent reason. There will be a weapon terminal on the ship, but you will not have it on your action bar and in the weapons window "T" it doesn't show there is a weapon terminal at all.

So far it seems removing the old weapon terminal and placing a new weapon terminal and of course relinking them all fixes this issue and the weapons stop randomly lossing connection and you get the weapon terminal on your action bar and weapons window back, but it's still very annoying considering some of my ships are fairly large and it's a pain to have to basically rebuild the entire weapon system because of this. Oh and this affects all linked systems, missiles, astrobeams, salvagers, ect. Even turrets are experiancing this issue, got in a fight with pirates and only 2 of my 8 turrets would fire, and most of them had a firing solution, going in them they had the same issue.

I know I have a fix for this issue, but it's something to look into, so this isn't the only solution to this problem.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Checked around 20 ships on my server, all are fine, no issues with unlinked weapons.

Does this happen to ships spawned after update?
    Blueprints made before?

Any more information about this?

- Andy

Reaction score
    Yes this issue seems to be happening with newly spawned ships since the update, I do not know if a BP from after the update will do the same thing as I haven\'t built a new one since the update, but I\'m going to try today. None of my friends are experiancing this issue, it could be somehow isolated to me for some reason, not sure how, I don\'t use any mods or even skin packs except for the default ones provided. I don\'t suspect this is a wide spread problem, but I\'m not sure how to properly adress the issue.