Weapon Tiers, A-F

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    C seems a bit generous for straight up cannons. I mean, they're so easily outclassed by any beam or cannon weapon.

And while pretty much everything but the missile slaves have at least some niche to fill, cannons without slaves really don't. But that's really just my opinion.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    C seems a bit generous for straight up cannons. I mean, they're so easily outclassed by any beam or cannon weapon.

And while pretty much everything but the missile slaves have at least some niche to fill, cannons without slaves really don't. But that's really just my opinion.
    Plain cannon isn't BAD, it's just outclassed by all the other cannon types, hence its C ranking. This is different from the things in the D and F category, which are bad and terrible weapons, respectively.

Reaction score

Plain cannon is not objectively any worse than cannon/pulse
    In fact it's actually better as you get 16 chances to hit the target for every 1 chance to hit the target with canon/pulse

They have some use in that they give you back the power it takes to fire them in the first place.
    The problem is they cannot drain the power of any reasonably sized ship, and are less energy-dense than straight power blocks at their least efficient.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Generally for EMP attacks you just need to counter their regen. They will drain the excess energy reserves probably just by using the movement keys. Thrusters are energy intensive. >_>

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Just comming up to defend plain old cannon. Its about as viable as cannon/pulse or perhaps even cannon/cannon. Its really the go-to gun for any ship/turret that needs a relatively fast weapon but is too small to mount a worthwhile cannon/cannon.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Nailed it. As overall ratings they are bang on.

For individual tactics some of these will be much more effective in particular scenarios. My favorite underdog is the power-drain beam. Effective for a ship that runs it's power at the limit of recharge and fights against an evenly matched foe. (Like we get to pick our battles.)

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This isn't what you said when I complained about how some weapons are useless...