Weapon Tiers, A-F

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

Agree with these? Disagree with these? Not enough tiers? Did I miss anything? Discuss.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I would rank missile/ missile a bit higher.

They are insanely effective against cloakers if used on a larger ship, etc since it would almost guarantee a powerline cut.
    Pulse would be D tier IMO, since anti boarding devices.

Anything slaved to missile apart from missile gets an automatic WTF tier, not even F. The shotgun pattern is so horrible it is not even funny.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Those weapon layout are so horrible and useless they should exist in a separate tier of their own.
    Got to agree here, only time ive ever used a shotgun weapon was for the lols of taking out PRATE stations >.>

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

They are insanely effective against cloakers if used on a larger ship, etc since it would almost guarantee a powerline cut.
    Pulse would be D tier IMO, since anti boarding devices.

Anything slaved to missile apart from missile gets an automatic WTF tier, not even F. The shotgun pattern is so horrible it is not even funny.
    I would have ranked missile/missile as B or possibly even A if it wasn't for the teensy issue of friendly fire. They're definitely a great weapon when you're solo, but since this is more about general usefulness and not how useful they can be specific situation, they're not as high up. Same reason most of the pulses are F instead of D. I put Pulse/Beam higher up because the larger radius means it might be a bit more useable if you really wanted to make a pulse powered ship.

Shouldn't F be E?
    "F" for Fail

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Shouldn't F be E?
    Most schools cut out E letter grades for a reason in the United states btw.
    It was just a "fail" and a "fail more" grade so they condensed them
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464665256,1464665088][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So would I, except now fleets are out and bringing swarmers means your leaving backup at home.
    It's a good niche weapon, with situational effective uses, but at this point missile beam is better, more so when ai controlled.

Reaction score
    Power drain beams should be an F

Completely useless unless you're trying to disable a tiny fighter with a capital ship, and EMP is much better for that anyways

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Power drain beams should be an F

Completely useless unless you're trying to disable a tiny fighter with a capital ship, and EMP is much better for that anyways
    They have some use in that they give you back the power it takes to fire them in the first place.

Reactions: Winterhome

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Pretty solid, personally I'd be swapping Beam/Beam & Beam/Pulse places around
    I find with the tick rate on Beam/Beam & it's increased range, it's just more generally useful, though granted takes more blocks & does far better in AI hands than player (compared to beam/pulse I mean, beams are generally better run on AI overall)

I'd also move missile-cannon down one just for the sake of not having it in the same tier as beam-cannon & SD Beams

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Pretty solid, personally I'd be swapping Beam/Beam & Beam/Pulse places around
    I find with the tick rate on Beam/Beam & it's increased range, it's just more generally useful, though granted takes more blocks & does far better in AI hands than player (compared to beam/pulse I mean, beams are generally better run on AI overall)

I'd also move missile-cannon down one just for the sake of not having it in the same tier as beam-cannon & SD Beams
    I put beam/pulse at the top because it is an absolute god at alpha damage, towards both shields and armor HP.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    People write off pulse way too easily. Pulse is pretty fantastic at block removal, it just requires some speshul tactix to get in range to use it.

Push Pulse should be A, assuming that it still disables maneuvering. Push Pulse + Jump Inhib is a guaranteed pinning tactic.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    People write off pulse way too easily. Pulse is pretty fantastic at block removal, it just requires some speshul tactix to get in range to use it.

Push Pulse should be A, assuming that it still disables maneuvering. Push Pulse + Jump Inhib is a guaranteed pinning tactic.
    Shush Shush Shush, don't talk about that on the public forums. More people don't need to know.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    If I'm not mistaken it wasn't intended to be removed, but a side effect of the new explosion system
    Nah, it got removed way before that, for balance reasons.