Weapon systems acting weird

Reaction score
    I came back to this game after maybe 2 weeks only to notice a new patch and later that my weapons on my ship weren't functioning properly.

But it turns out that the problem runs much deeper and is alot worse that i thought to begin with..
    Anti matter cannons won't fire regardless how i place the controller. I get a cooldown and emitting effect but thats it no damage or visual of shot.
    Then there's my swarm missles that won't properly reach the target since the controller is placed upwards on propose. I then placed the controller forwards and even sometimes even though they're heat seekers they'll function like dumb fire missles. The thing as you can probably tell is that before when my missle controller was placed upwards, it worked as it was supposed to.
    But what is really confusing me is yet to come..when i place a camera on a test ship regardless of it's position (right,left facing etc) it will always display the front view of the test ship.
    Now i have tried already alot of things like reinstalling and trying different builds like dev/pre but the major problem has yet to be fixed.
    At this point im pretty clueless as to why this is happening.
    It obviously has something to do with blocks not being correctly placed by the game or in some cases not having a direction at all.
    I hope you guys can help me. :/

Last edited:

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, for the cannons, they fire in the direction the computer is facing. All the weapons do. You can't rotate the computer to make it look better without rotating the direction the weapon fires as well.

I'd wager your guns are firing, they're just shooting backwards or off to the side through your ship so that you don't immediately see the bullet until its out of your field of view.

Reaction score
    Nah that's not the case...my computer is facing in the right direction but will still only give only a cooldown.
    like i said even my missles aren't acting properly..they fire but sometimes won't act like heat seekers.
    really weird like i said
    [doublepost=1478627032,1478626762][/doublepost]The thing is they worked before. i haven't changed anything that im aware of.
    I Checked precisely before just in case i made the mistake you suggested..trust me that isn't it.

Reaction score
    I had the same problem a few days ago in my single player creative universe, cannons were firing and registering hits, but wouldn't do any damage. I had to move to the NFD build server to finish the weapon testing I had started.

Reaction score
    Check graphics settings. Something screwy might be going on there, limiting the number of rays/projectiles it's tracking ... Idk.
    I've got similar issues but it's with empty slots in the ship firing the cannon off for some reason. It's been reported somewhere. Total disfunction is new to me, but try connecting the computer to the module group. Let's just start simple with debugging, lol.
    Make absolutely certain it's both A. connected to the modules it needs to control and B. has power to fire.
    In all this changing orientation, did you happen to reconnect to the modules?
    I know, dumb question, but it actually is legit. I've forgotten dumb stuff before, so let's eliminate it.

Reaction score
    Im pretty sure it's not be my doing. i even deinstalled/deleted everything..started up a new world and had the same problem.
    But i have a new theory, i thing it has something to do with the intel graphics error i got before.
    Since i freshly installed starmade completely. it's must be soemthing like a error log etc that has stayed behind thats probably causing this..any other way i can't explain it.
    Granted intel graphics is kinda faulty from what i have heard. I never TBH had i problem with mine intill now :/
    Maybe i can fix it..wish me luck.