Weapon Suggestions and more

Reaction score
    1. Shield Breaking Weapon: A weapon(a laser beam I would suggest) that quickly drains the shields of a ship but only deals very small damage to hull and other objects. This would allow to easier destroy large ships

2. Variable laser size: The amount of lasers at salvage and repair being output on a flat surface(x and y coordinates) decides the size of the laser(example: a 5x5 output would produce a 5x5 laser)

3. Hull piercing torpedoes: Similar to d1000 missiles, just that these have a very(really slow) reload. They ignore shields and can pierce through multiple blocks in a straight line(maybe so that it isn't OP make that it can't hit cores)

4. Shop defense systems: Currently attacking shops has pretty much no consequences. Maybe add some turrets which are cloaked until someone attacks the shop.

5. Stronger AI opponents: he Isanth-VI are a piece of cake once you got even a small decent ship. In my opinion, depending on the size of the biggest ship on the server, stronger AI enemies should spawn. To make it fair on multiplayer servers, these ships should only spawn in the proximity of the big ship(this would also be a warning system to weaker ships). These bigger ships shsould also have better loot

6. Random spawn: Server owners should have a function to say if spawn should be at a random place or not. This would avoid small players just getting spawn destroyed by bigger ones

7. Assault/defense game mode: This game mode would simply involve dstroying a specific target or defending one from AI opponents

8. Variable AI spawn rate: An option to increase the spawn rate of enemies or turn them off completely

If I have any moren ideas, I will add them

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dis cool man

Maybe we can have shield piercing weapons that are excellent against shields, but poor against hull, like an EMP that disrupts energy and removes all the shields. Then, after the shields are gone, you use an armor piercing weapon, that is not effective against shields (missiles). That\'d be cool

> he Isanth-VI are a piece of cake once you got even a small decent ship

Isanth-VI is the default ship. If you start uploading ships to the server, chances are the pirates will start to use new ships

Reaction score
    There should be personal weapons like a laser rifle,sniper,pistol, and rocket launcher it could also go for plasma too

Reaction score
    Is in the game already to some extent, you can reduce the amount of AI simulations to 0 if you want to turn AI off (it is 256 by default), you can find this setting in your server.cfg file.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Shield Breaking Weapon
    What would stop Carriers or Dreadnaught\'s from using these on Turrets or Bobby Fighters(FAC crafts) to pop Frigate and Corvette ship\'s shields faster than the Frigate or Corvette could pop the Dreadnaught\'s shields?

Hull Piercing Torpedoes
    Seeing as larger ships move as fast as smaller ships, wouldn\'t this be most effective against Frigates and Corvettes when fired from Turrets or Bobby Fighters

Stronger AI Opponents
    Why not toggle \'Enemy_Use\' on? It will allow pirates and merchants to use any ship listed in the catalog. From a FAC to a Titan, they will all be valid ships to use.

Reaction score
    Thats true, but larger ships can destroy the shields of frigates quite quickly anyway. This is to not force the small ships to spend 5 minutes trying to break it.

Yes but as they would be as d1000, small ships would be able to dodge them much easier than big ones

I know this...but in this case, they should spawn dependent on the ships humans built. This would allow server owners not to be forced to add stronger ships dependent on the server strength...also it wouldn\'t be fair if a new player on a server faces a battlecruiser or bigger

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If that\'s the case then then the price of these large ship killers should be in ratio to large ships. If this is to help small ships kill large ones under five minutes given the larger ship having a proper shield for its size, then the cost of such an item should balance with the building cost of large ships as a minium. A larger ship costs 500 million credits as a minium to me so a compact weapon to kill them should at least cost 450 million credits and a small ship dedicated to nothing but that weapon. This would be nicer, a net 500million credit ship vs a net 500 mission credit ship. Don\'t you agree?

As for D1000.. My large ships dodge/out run them and BB missiles just as easily as my corvette does, No difference.

As for stronger ships based on mass, are you telling me you honestly think that NPCs that appear when the first person builds a 10,000 mass ship will only focus on that player? The new player is ganna be bent over. Also not all 10,000 mass ships are equal. My first large ship was a mining barge.. Which would then unlock 1,000 mass pirate combat ships?

Reaction score
    Now I have to say, I really can\'t say anything against your point...besides that missiles might be underpowered(in my opinion) due to their slow speed

Reaction score
    Alot of these things have already been added indirectly, like:

1,2&3. If you fiddle around with the the Weapons tab you can change things like the weapons AOE, range, damage, reload speed, projectile speed, etc. You can change your Anti-matter cannon to have super high reload so its almost laser-like or bump down the reload and trade it for damage to have a slow firing super cannon that would obliterate shields, same with missile launchers but would replace reload with radius.

4. If you attack a shop it ACTUALLY does send a fleet of 4-12 ships, and its quite annoying.

5. If the default ship is too easy make yourself a cruiser or some kind of super strong ship you see fit to be an enemy, save it in your catalog, go-to the Admin tab, select permissions under your ship name and tick the enemy-useable box the hit ok. Your ship should start spawning throughout the universe :)

6. I don\'t think this is added but it would be nice :D

7. I know this is being worked on at the moment but its only in the developer\'s version as you can see in Schema\'s videos.

8. I know you can remove enemy spawn all together but there is only one setting that alters enemy spawning and it only stops ships from catalogs spawning in waves. For example you wouldn\'t have like 10 supercruisers spawn in a little group, cos\' that would be laggy as hell.

Does that answer your questions? >.<

Reaction score
    In my opinion, using the shield draining would provoke a \"weapons cooldown\". This means that, depending on the size of your ship (mass) plus the power of your overall weapons, you would have to wait a certain amount of time before switching to a weapon that can actually damage hull. This would allow small ships to have a miniscule cooldown, but huge ships to think twice about going weaponless for, say, a minute or two.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As Florrible said larger ships already have the option of just using more Dakka. If this new weapon would mean they can\'t use Dakka, why use it? I am now imaging larger ships who\'s whole frontal section would be a series of shotugn arrays which would lead to.. \'Aim the nose high boys! FIRE!\' *que glowing death wave as the pilot holds down the trigger while doing 360s.*

Reaction score
    Exactly! Why use the shield destroyer if you\'ll just be weapon paralyzed. The idea is to stop large ships from using it for a second to pop the small ships shields then immediatley switching over to their damage dealers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It doesn\'t stop big ships from using them, only from using them personally. Fighters now will have no shields form turret mounted shield draining tools while the main gun fires at random

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    My opinion is that ship balance should revolve around ship mass that limits manouvering speed drastically and maybe top speed invertedly (larger goes eventually faster) so that you can\'t build a large ship that can effectively dodge missiles or dogfight with targets half it\'s size, and specialized weaponry.

This would require stuff like the piercing torpedoes you mentioned, maybe capped to 1 radius explosions punching 3x3 holes, as they could probably be fielded in groups like other weapons.

Long range big guns with slower rate of fire for big ships to fight with, similar to current amc but slower rof

short range guns with high rate of fire but quickly diminishing returns and very short range so big ships couldn\'t effectively use them except as \"ramming\" weapons against other big ships

Armor and missile fixes to make amor survive multiple hits and missiles to not ignore everything if they get past shields, as they destroy whatever is in their radius regardless what it is.

I reckon those would give us the balancing tools we need, though I\'m not opposed to more shiny stuff. Armor eating beams or shield breakr guns, they sound nice. And small ships should fear turrets and have bad time fighting bigger ships unless they were designed to do that... Which would mean they aren\'t that good against other small ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that plasma cannons, and plasma torpedoes/missiles could be really cool. They could be A smaller blast, that works better against shield by hitting them, and Very slowly degrading them. The degradation could also be for hulls. It could take 30 seconds to a minute or something like that. The plasma cannons would be sort of the same but designed more for hull by spreading a lot of degrading plasma along the hull. It would help take down ships who\'s shields regen and are hard to take down. Getting a few rounds could help for the next time they fall. The downfall would be the heat it produces. A person would have to get the shots on target before it overheats. The missiles could have a chance of a \'long\' overheat chance and if they are fired to quickly they would be useless for 10 minutes. Long enough that the battle would be over but not long that they would be unusable if you got into a small skirmish later.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    1.large ships would have hundreds of these=pwning everyone else.

3. Hull piercing torpedoes: OP

4. Shop defense systems: if u attack shops ships come to defend it.

5. Stronger AI opponents: change the blueprint of pirates ships.

6. Random spawn: if that happens friends wont be able to find eachover on a multi server.

7. Assault/defense game mode: defeats purpose of game.

8. Variable AI spawn rate: u want 400000 pirates coming at you in your crappy ship?=possible gamecrash or instant death.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    no.

umm, so your saying the shield doesnt regen when hit by the plasma cannon?=OP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I actually believe an EMP type setup would be more effective. The more blocks a system on a ship has to pull from, the slower it will reactivate, and it would cancel out more powerful shields, weapons, ETC. I also think this should effect all the ships in the radius, including the one that caused it, but nothing outside the radius. EMP blocks would bind together through a Pulse generater, and it would have a limited area of effect. If only one EMP block is used, it would only shut down a portion of a larger ship, while the rest is still active. As more EMP blocks are added, the radius-- nothing else-- increases. The other factor, the time the systems are down, comes from the size of the systems: Say, an array of 300 antimatter cannons would reboot much slower then say, five. This would effect engines and powersupply as well. This means that, while the larger ship is completely useless for, save, one whole minute, the smaller ship reboots in five seconds, and can attack the ship. Now, the timer isn\'t mass-based. In fact, it would be individual timers for each system. Say your ship has 1000 cannons, 5 engines, and 30 shield blocks. The engines, being the smallest number, would boot the fastest, and the ship can move. The shield blocks would boot next, but the EMP disabled them, remember, so they still need to recharge. (meanwhile the tiny ship is still pounding away, and your shields cannot cope now that they are depleated.) Then, a while later, while the small ship with 5 cannons has been blasting away at you, your cannons finally come online. Not that there are many left, and your core is exposed now;)

More to the point, most larger ships have a heavy emphasis on sheilds and engines. therefore, those would be the last things to come online, and since there are no engines, the shieldless Amber Fate is a sitting duck against the smaller Hephestus VI.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe add better AI modules with different functionalities like:

Healing

Lasering

Missile launching.

And there should be tractor beams that paralyze the ship and weapons (How Fun!) :D.

Also there should be More lasers, Heat beams (they burn non heatproof coating), deflectors , flares and more ship cores.