We Need More Privateers.

Reaction score
    im a pirate, i got me reer cleener and my but pirteing poop deck cleener. problem is, when i get back in the game, no one is safe, no one shall ern another credit. i will rob your plantations and plunder as i see fit. i will kill those who get in my way. an once i get all the money, well i dont know, maybe settle down, but, umm, uill be like edward kenway from assassins creed. arrg me shivering timbers, all this talk of but pirateing ruffles the kings feathers arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg me maty

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Obi just because they causes problems to you, or your friends doesn\'t mean mean they should be removed. There are different player types and people will want to play the game how they want to. No if you read war dogs rules, he wants said pirates to obey by the rules of the sever so not to harm the community. Just because they don\'t play how you want them to play or causes conflict or trouble doesn\'t mean they should be removed. I encourage it. I encourage people to play how they want. NPC suck when compared to a human, but not counting the AI turrets. There have been pirated that have played a large role in history. I prefer fighting people over NPCs any day.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I\'m pretty sure space pirates don\'t talk like there in the 1600s pirates. Perhaps a updated lingo would be cooler?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I said causes problems to the community, not myself and friends. And it\'s true. I\'ve seen people rage quit so many times just because they want to play on a public server and not have to worry about those who attack them for no reason, just because it was \"fun\".

Compare it to real life. Sure, this is a game, but I\'m just trying to find an example to put you in their shoes. Would you really want someone spawn camping you? Or possibly ruining your entire ship or station you worked on for a long time? It\'s not fair. Organized events such as PvP, role playing, and racing is fun and competitive. Ruining someone\'s experience on StarMade, may ruin others, and you might cause the problem for a small community which will most likely not be a community anymore. Something much different.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Also, \"We Need More Privateers\" should be changed to \"We Need More Pirates\".

Privateer: n.

An armed ship that is privately owned and manned, commissioned by a government to fight or harass enemy ships.

Privateersman: n., pl.

an officer or sailor of a privateer

This is the exact opposite of a pirate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    you miss my old picture or you think my new one ressembles yours too closely? ill change it back if thats the case

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I feel my server has too few of people like you, so feel free to set up here - sm.infinitehavoc.co.uk:57921

Reaction score
    Plus, you actually used the word privateer correctly, instead of just the old \"I\'m not a pirate! I\'m a privateer!\" thing that pirates traditionally do.

Nope. Privateers were mercenaries that were officially sanctioned by one Faction to cause trouble with the others. That is obviously not the main goal here.

@Obi: You either didn\'t read the full post or misunderstood something here. This is clearly not about griefing, spawn camping, farming noobs and being an asshole in general. If people want peace and nothing but peace, they should play on a server where there are appropriate rules (like my one-man server :p ).

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Read man, they are saying that the pirates will have rules, I\'m sure spawn camping will get you kicked. Hey if I can\'t guard my shit, sure take them. We all must be on guard. We all can\'t live in peace as some would like.if you can\'t handle a public server, try single player, playing with real people, isn\'t for the weak. Things like that happen, some unwanted and others are caused by their own actions or words. You know what I meant when I say you and your friends. The whole community might nit have the same view as some individuals or groups. If a person or group is breaking rules, then admins will take care of it. Obi we can\'t control everyone, public servers are such. Fair haha, the real world isn\'t fair, and playing with real people, they don\'t play fair either. Once we try and control things and people to make things fair, we restrict the freedoms that people have when playing or how they want to play. But I do believe that players should follow the server rules. That don\'t restrict how people play, but prevent people from abusing the rights of others to play. Like spawn camping.

Reaction score
    It seems to fit the definition, if a bit loosely. War Dog is sanctioning people on this thread to attack all people within his set of rules. Sure, it\'s not like, \"Ok, Jameface, I give you full legal license to murder Space French ships, and you can keep whatever you want from them.\" But it is one guy specifying a (broad, in this case) group of people who he wants to see terrorized, and telling people \"Hey, go terrorize them.\"

Reaction score
    Uhm, Obi? Why do you even care what goes on in public servers? I mean its not like you have a base on any of them, so it really doesn\'t affect you, unless you plan on doing that soon (which I would recommend, though it can be a hassal, it is easy to set up a good strong base that murders whatever dumb butt gets too close)

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Back in the day, 1600s ish lol, captains that owned there own ships would go to these big nations and they could be commissioned to become a privateer in service to that nation. The privateer would pillage, plunder, rob, sink and capture that nations enemies and the privateer would be able to benefit from being a pirate. Now a privateer is sanctioned by a nation to be a pirate to its enemies and leave that nations ships along. Kinda eliminating the nations business and competition. Obi is right about one thing and inky one thing. Without being sanctioned by a big faction or nation, you guys are pirates. The tradition pirates occurred when the large nations were not at war with each other and were at peace. Which happened in the 1700s ish. So people who were privateers turned pirates and stole from who ever they wanted. Der scheme I don\'t think Obi reads or understands it either. Haha one man server

Reaction score
    Pirates sanctioning pirates – it doesn\'t work that way. :P

Edit: Wanted to reply to 37, not my own.

Reaction score
    I consider their usage the same way people use the terms \"Terrorist\" and \"Heroes\"; and I see the aforementioned terms more than one really should in a game. They\'re simply variations of a word, but with connotations.

Besides, who says pirates can\'t be considered a government? We have rules, we have an economy, we have players, and we have military power, what else does one need?

Also, if you want the blueprints PM\'d to you, say so. I\'m fairly sure you have your own blueprints and variety is the spice of life after all.

Also, if you come on Illusive, I\'d be more than happy to give you 100 L5 ore to jumpstart you on your little quest (Not so much that you durrhurr ubership once you come on). I recently came into the possession of quite a bit of it.