We Need More Privateers.

Reaction score
    Illusive and many of the servers I frequent are becoming filled with happy, friendly people happily giving happy, friendly help to their happy, friendly friends.

It sickens me.

Conflict is the basis of much of the action that goes on in servers. I rather like action.

So in order to mediate this, I'm putting up a call for all privateers (Pirates, for a less eloquent term) to get to work turning the Starmade universe into the crapsack universe of scum and villiany that it should be.

I want treachery, I want greed, but most of all, I want FEAR.I want all those lovely things that define the human race.

And money, can't forget the money.

No, I am not creating a faction because that means I have to hand-hold the damn thing and otherwise spend time not shooting things.

EFF.
    THAT.

Am I the best pirate in Starmade? I certainly hope not, or things are worse than I thought. What I can do is give the less experienced players of piratical flavour a hand up in their eternal quest to ruin the game for all the players who prefer peace and love and all that crap. Perhaps players of similar thoughts will bind together and become large enough to threaten the big factions we see bragging so often on this forum.

For now, let's settle for actually being a threat, perhaps turning a decent profit in doing so.

To show your dedication to your glorious duty, simply state so. Or don't. I don't really care.
    IGN:
    Server:
    Small tidbits about yourself:

That's it. Actions speak louder than words after all.

In any case, let's talk a bit about being a privateer.

howe 2 piret:

- Follow the rules on the server you're on. You can't be a privateer if you can't even log on.

Q: "Oh but my e-peen is too big for me to possibly hold in. I can't help if I'm too awesome to follow simple rules."
    A: I hope your e-peen is large enough to hold a Starmade universe in it because you're not going to stay very long on your current one.

- The key thing to remember about being a privateer is that you are on your own. Maybe you have a few members in your little group, but you're probably not going to be able to stand up to any of the bigger factions. If you're up against an enemy you can't possibly win against, stay away from them. Discretion is the better part of valour.

- The greatest weapon you could probably have against your target is information. People in the game tend to talk big, so never take anything at face value. Use your eyes to confirm anything. Scout your targets ahead of time, learn their capabilities and attack with every advantage you can manage. It's common sense after all.

Q: how me more get learning durr.
    A: Well the obvious method is to scout out their base in a small stealth ship, you can learn their location via the faction hub. Hunting through the available blueprint screen might work against a sloppy player, but don't depend on it. Otherwise you just have to keep your eyes and ears open; people love to brag, capitalize on that.

- In a similar note, don't talk big unless you actually are big. It rarely goes well. If you want an example, spend 30 seconds on any server or read a few threads in the faction forum.

Q: "Hey wait, "Follow Rules?", "Run away?", "Use my head for things other than sticking up my own ass?" What kind of pussy pirating guideline is this?"
    A: Pride and Honor should work FOR you, not the other way around. But hey, you're untouchable on the respawn screen so feel free to talk all you want then.

- Don't bother creating a faction home unless you're going to invest a lot of time in it. All it does is give away your location to everyone on the server.

- Remember that no matter what, the server is your lifeline. If it goes down so do you; in light of that:
    1. Don't lag the server, it doesn't help you or anyone else.
    2. While it's tempting, don't spawncamp or beat up on newbie players (too much). They drop nothing and it just drives potential future targets away.

That's the basics of it, the knowledge of actual hunting and fighting can fill several books, but you're better off learning that on your own. One tiny bit of advice I can give you is that crashing into an object at an angle lets you turn a lot faster than usual...

Q: But what about ships? I can't fight without a good ship.
    A: Build one. dumbass.

Q: but i r teh suk at meking gewd sips.
    A: Well, I did say actions spoke louder than words didn't I? I can give you a few starting designs.

The ships given of are basic configuration. What I want are multiple variants of the ships suited to each player's needs, that part I leave up to you. Remember that all my ships are made for the sole purpose of combat. Nothing else. Really. Nothing else.

Wolf Fighter: http://i.imgur.com/rhzwXDO.png
    Mass: 149.8
    Dimensions: 27X10X23
    Power Recharge: 25,314.8
    Thrust: 498.1
    Shield: 26,382
    Ship DPS: 3,412.1
    Price: 560,473

It's a fighter. Don't expect any miracles. More than enough to beat basic pirates and farm pirate stations. I'll admit, I didn't make this ship, I captured it and rebuilt it.

Fenrir Heavy Fighter: http://i.imgur.com/ccER17O.png
    Mass: 672.2
    Dimensions: 50X16X49
    Power Recharge: 244,183.6
    Thrust: 1,492.8
    Shield: 120,835
    Ship DPS: 10,343
    Price: 1,581,349

Bigger and better. This is the basic configuration with no additions. It has way more energy regen that it needs to fire and move. The flat wings are perfect for turrets. Comes in both black and white (Fabulous!).

Subverted Ternac-Class "Shadow Blossom" Light Cruiser: http://i.imgur.com/Uf9Fn8a.png
    Mass 7895.3
    Dimensions: 132X35X74
    Power Recharge: 1,016,680
    Power Storage: 2,190,265
    Thrust: 13299.7
    Shield: 1,053,198
    Ship DPS: 42,730
    Total DPS: 109,314
    Price: 25,038,009

Look familiar? I regularly bring captured ships into my workshop where I strip them down and violate them mercilessly; this is one such ship. I attempted making it into a mini-carrier, but never really got to it. If you want to use those external docking platforms you'll have to add some enhancers. Alternatively, make them into more turret platforms. The name comes from the fact that it has but a shadow of its former beauty.

Garm "Light Raider" Cruiser: http://i.imgur.com/xZYeNHR.png
    Mass: 10,502.2
    Dimensions: 164X24X91
    Power Recharge: 1,278,586
    Power Storage: 11,797,526
    Thrust: 31,953.8
    Shield: 1,076,765
    Ship DPS: 45,510
    Total DPS: 189,461
    Price: 40,658,291

I remember seeing Daedaluses (Daedelosi?) everywhere. I dug up and remade the design into a pure combat ship. Plenty of space for more turrets and plenty of energy to power them. This design was made on a server with 200+ speed where it's extremely high thrust:mass ratio makes it incredibly dangerous.

Oh and lastly, to help with the location issue, I made a small, moveable base.

http://i.imgur.com/ipJurwM.png

It's essentially a small, hollow asteroid. It has 4 plexstorages, an undeathinator, a faction block, and enough thrust to move it. It can be docked on an unenhanced dock or turret block.

Simply make anything a faction home (Even a 1-block station), add a docking block, dock it, and poof. Instant invulnerable base anywhere in the universe. It has a docking block inside as well if you don't happen to have one at the time.

Remember that using an Undeathinator ties you to the spot where it was activated. Your respawn won't follow the block. Reactivate it after you move.

Q: I see no downloads.
    A: Dedicate yourself to the glorious cause and I'll PM them to you. Do with them as you will.

Q: Got anything bigger?
    A: I'm not giving away battleships y'know.

Finally, all pirate factions need a silly name, keep it tasteful. If I can't use "Gigahitler Satanstein Schoolshootingston" neither can you.

I have dibs on "Covenant of the Fluffy Tail" though.

Q: Is that a serious portion of the guideline?
    A: No...

I hope to shoot you!

Q: You mean "I hope to see you" right?
    A: No.

Reaction score
    I miss the days of just shooting what ever for why ever, being a pirate is always fun.

I find people are so peace orientated that a few days as a pirate will likely give any player more pvp experience then 80% of the members of most factions. Everyone is all about peace and happiness.

The other thing is that piracy is fun, a active pirate faction only needs a handful of members to be some a substantial political power, and then it becomes politics and wars.

Once you have something to lose, your actions have consequences and the more you gain the less freedom you have. In the pursuit of power and wealth we lose our freedom. That which we own comes in turn to own us.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It has guidelines for what is acceptable, and what is not. Besides, a little extra pvp never hurt anybody. It\'s when people start spawncamping and beating up noobs at spawn that things stop being fun. At that point, it\'s pretty much, the same way wars seem to be fought, unfair.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If you ever venture onto HSZ I think it would be great to have a war against each other, I love that pvp action.

Reaction score
    the HA (herobrines army) is a powerful faction (not just a noob bragging about his stupid faction, it is acually powerful) But our quest for souls has been disrupted by the fact that NO ONE wants to pvp with us. We might have to resort to high class priviteering and plundering souls!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just gimme a server, and allow me to implement one of my smaller blueprints... Let the game begin.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I really like this
    it would be nice to have some more pirate/takeovertheserver factions
    something like pirates, geth, or the collective/borg.
    It might be a good idea for these priveteers to do some roleplay, else they might be hated to much on and we dont want them to leave do we?

Something that i personally think would be nice is: if these pirates use the tradiotional ship designs with skulls and bones or maybe make the ships a bit orchis.

NOW GO DO SOME PIRATEING STUFF MATES!
    GO GET SOME LOOT!!!

Reaction score
    I fully support this movement. VIVE LA PIRATERÍA!

Plus, you actually used the word privateer correctly, instead of just the old \"I\'m not a pirate! I\'m a privateer!\" thing that pirates traditionally do.

Too often are the intrigues of servers spent on maintaining peace between factions. There aren\'t enough secret plots, malevolent factions, or acts of terror. I HEREBY DECLARE MYSELF GRAND PROPHET OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE SEARING SLOTH. Your rules have been imprinted in flames into the Lead-Footed Charter. By the Next Dawn, I shall assemble a fleet of like-minded fellows, and the Sedate Fleet shall tear down the very fabric of civilization! Really slowly, though. It might take a while. Our ships... they\'re not known for their manueverability. Or speed. Because, you know. SLOTHS.

Reaction score
    starmade is sometimes too friendly, we need a reason to build ships in the first place and it really is too easy to get credits anyway. i\'m up for it, it will only make getting your battle cruiser and hunting down that guy who took all your stuff (and dignity) all the more saisfying.

Reaction score
    I thought you guys broke up Linkolead was your only active member that I knew off and I haven\'t seen him in months. you guys still playing on NASS?

Reaction score
    I like the idea.
    Given me a new out look and a new slant on ship design.
    I will be hoisting the black.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The Rebel Alliance\'s purpose is to restore peace and freedom to the galaxy. Purposely becoming a raider is not the way to go just to bring action to StarMade.

Perhaps we could have events more than PvP, something similar to the Olympics.

(And I did not intend to start a flame war so don\'t even bother trying to cause something negative)

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    every world needs its good and bad people, even starmade needs some peacekeepers and warbringers.

And you have to agree wars with a bit of roleplay in them is the most fun. pvp is fun yes, but not in the same way.

Pirate/Privateer factions will make playing online more fun and enjoyable (as long as the basic rules are kept and when people play fair)

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sometimes peace is gained by war. Peace is still just plain boring. I think privateers, and pirate factions are needed to stir the pot, and keep things in motion. There are many action and professions(pirate) to take to bring life and new experiences to the game. Being a pirate is fun. PVP events we already have some. We could have something to the Olympics if there were more content released.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    People who are actually causing a problem to the community is who we wish to remove. Yes, war can bring peace at times, but it is best not to encourage it. Role playing is different. My faction encourages role playing. It doesn\'t harm the community in any way. We want to have those actually enjoy themselves on multiplayer servers without the threats of the enemy. Besides, NPC is always there. Too weak? Add 752m long frigates like we do.

Reaction score
    I understand obishawnkinobi\'s point.
    It would be easy for people to ignore the rules and just cause trouble.
    However I a. All for(honorable) pirates that work within the ser er rules and within the confines of a pirate code.
    No point going after people if they have othing worth having.
    I plan on being an rp pirate and making my own faction with strict pirate rules after discussion with server admin.
    Apologies for missing letters in words as sent from my phone