We need Easter eggs

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    CRISS
    We need Easter eggs Schema please add more Easter eggs This is what will get people exploring have you seen how many video s there are going to all the Easter eggs in ksp spending hours flying and driving to investigate a rumor or maybe plant a flag as a symbol of dedication currently I only know 2 Dave and Bobby HAL 90- I mean Bobby ai

So here are some suggestions for it
    Monoliths (keeping with the 2001 theme)
    Add a Schema Sphinx
    Maybe a throwback to the original isanths
    That wreckage at the beginning of firefly
    A 10^999999 block statue of Tommy wiseau with "the room" written in comic sans
    A structure honoring the pioneers of scifi like hg wells or frank Herbert
    Maybe a Borg cube, an x wing or a viper
    The refuel station from spac balls
    I added criss at the top for criss-bait (click bait for criss) as he is more likely to comment on this thread

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe a Borg cube, an x wing or a viper
    The refuel station from spac balls
    Just FYI, these would get Schine sued for copyright/trademark infringement.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Eastereggs which won't be risky regarding copyright would be throwbacks to older stuff no longer in StarMade or at least out of use.
    Maybe a refference to one of the old materials like Insanium, Awesomite and Orangutanium or ot cubatoms and ofcourse the SCHEMADYNE.

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There's nothing stopping a player from building such things on servers. I fill ships with cargo and leave them floating in random sectors.
    Nobody has stumbled onto them yet. :)

Reactions: kikaha

Daeridanii

Detail Devil
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe a reference to one of the old materials like Insanium, Awesomite and Orangutanium or or cubatoms and of course the SCHEMADYNE.
    No... it can't be! How could you!
    HOW COULD YOU FORGET DOCTOR PLEX!

Doctor Plex, the brave scientific and medical pioneer into the previously uncharted realm of doors, lifters, glass and lights!
    Doctor Plex, whose rightful name was removed (in part) from his creations!
    Doctor Plex, who invented the first beacon and was therefore a beacon of light in the wild, terrifying darkness that was earlier alpha.
    Doctor Plex, who invented the Undeathinator, without which almost everyone who has played Starmade would be dead.

All hail Doctor Plex!

In all seriousness, I would like to see references to older versions, well known ships, etc in the game. Something like a rare station: "Doctor Plex's Laboratory." Or maybe a "Schemadyne Inc. Factory" which produces nothing but cat statues. Or perhaps an Isanth IV storage facility.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Don't forget the space spiders that shoot lazors at your face!
    Last I checked you can still get them if you enable the "old style" neutral stations

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I found the "hoppy"
    View attachment 44470
    Though you gotta be careful not to shoot it or it will crash your game, lol.

Hoppy, hoppy, hoppy

Vrooom!
    Yeah, I saw you used this in the Mystery Box Quest. Was wondering what you could do with it.
    [doublepost=1504741363,1504738085][/doublepost]Recently I conducted an experiment on the Starmade Australia server.

Where I parked/docked to a derelict station an old Carrier build of mine loaded with fighters. I unfactioned it and announced on their Discord channel that it was out there for anybody to take and gave a clue to find it. I'm not sure how many people went looking for it, but the player who did find it seemed happy with it.

It looks people are willing to head out an treasure hunt. I know I love a good treasure hunt. And when out and about discover all sorts of interesting things. One is that Starmade Australia server admins have used loads of stations from the dock. And it's awesome finding and using them.

I'm thinking of putting together more of this sort of thing and see how it plays out. I've asked the players on that server for feedback as to whether it's something they'd like to see more of.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yeah, I saw you used this in the Mystery Box Quest. Was wondering what you could do with it.
    [doublepost=1504741363,1504738085][/doublepost]Recently I conducted an experiment on the Starmade Australia server.

Where I parked/docked to a derelict station an old Carrier build of mine loaded with fighters. I unfactioned it and announced on their Discord channel that it was out there for anybody to take and gave a clue to find it. I'm not sure how many people went looking for it, but the player who did find it seemed happy with it.

It looks people are willing to head out an treasure hunt. I know I love a good treasure hunt. And when out and about discover all sorts of interesting things. One is that Starmade Australia server admins have used loads of stations from the dock. And it's awesome finding and using them.

I'm thinking of putting together more of this sort of thing and see how it plays out. I've asked the players on that server for feedback as to whether it's something they'd like to see more of.
    treasure hunts, riddles and quests are fun, of course someone went looking for it if they thought it was worth it.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I belive its a little early to add easter eggs, would rather have shine work on the game and bugs.
    Estereggs would definetly bee cool in the future though, making exploration more rewarding.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!

The animations can only be triggered while in a certain dev mode though. I can't make them perform these actions in-game. The "/creature_start_animation" (or whatever it's called) seems to be broken right now.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The animations can only be triggered while in a certain dev mode though. I can't make them perform these actions in-game. The "/creature_start_animation" (or whatever it's called) seems to be broken right now.
    So cool to know they are there. I liked experimenting with the bug one.