Votes: 1 10.0%
    • nope, i play with small ship only, i dun need a power cell, WFC

• Other suggestions

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    With the old dock, it don't transfer power so we can use logic to transfer unused power back to the main entity from docked entity. It's called as power reactor/power cell/battery.

In the past, we need to activate them one by one, and now with wireless logic, we can activate with one click, very good, very convenient.

But with the rail transfer power back to docked entity, it stop functioning. because even with the combo of power supply+cannon, it is only around 90% efficiency. for example

we have:
    main entity: 10000 power cap, 1000 power regen
    battery: 1000 power cap, 1000 power regen,
    1000 power supply cannon combo(which can supply 900 to main entity)

in the past,
    after battery use up its 1000 power cap with the power supply beam,
    main entity will have 900 power buff up.battery will regen itself in a second with 1000 power regen.

but now with rail, right after battery use its 1000 power cap,
    main entity get 900 power, then main entity will transfer power to battery(1000) before the battery regen itself.

I suggest we have a delay for power transfer from main entity to rail docked entities.
    So, docked entities will regen itself first, then draw more power from main entity for a quicker charge if it is not full after a few second.

OR maybe we can have it control by logic, let us choose that rail block will transfer power or not

Reactions: Tydeth and CyberTao

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Or maybe it's about time external reactors stopped being viable so the power softcap actually means something.
    This sounds like a really terrible idea... I hate gigantic megatitans as much as the next guy, but would you really like anything that requires more than a million power to suddenly not work well? Because that sounds really dumb.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Or maybe it's about time external reactors stopped being viable so the power softcap actually means something.
    HELL NO. Those reactors are one of the things that makes smaller ship capable of taking out a sligtly bigger ones. ( people realy do not use these and they save a large amount of space).

There should not be a delay, but rather that the standard rails give no power and only the turret ones do, but this is probably a bad idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There is a cost to using docked reactors on ships. When you are being supplied power, even though it is a support system, it is still considered taking fire. This means that when your reactors are on, you are still using up power for the amount of shield rechargers you have, but you only get 6% of that recharge (the under fire shield rate). If you are using docked reactors, you have to plan very carefully to keep the ship combat viable.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There is a cost to using docked reactors on ships. When you are being supplied power, even though it is a support system, it is still considered taking fire. This means that when your reactors are on, you are still using up power for the amount of shield rechargers you have, but you only get 6% of that recharge (the under fire shield rate). If you are using docked reactors, you have to plan very carefully to keep the ship combat viable.
    Seriously?

Sir we are being fired uppon. Shield recharge has dropped to 6%

Divert all power to critical systems, keep those shields up no matter what.

Ahm... Sir?

What is it?

False alarm, we are actualy being suplyed by power from one of our own units.

*Slaps officer*

Where is the logic in that? So does the repair beam also cout as dmg?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Seriously?

Sir we are being fired uppon. Shield recharge has dropped to 6%

Divert all power to critical systems, keep those shields up no matter what.

Ahm... Sir?

What is it?

False alarm, we are actualy being suplyed by power from one of our own units.

*Slaps officer*

Where is the logic in that? So does the repair beam also cout as dmg?
    I'm not sure about repair beams but this effect does kind of balance out the use of docked reactors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Docked reactors and turrets should only draw power when they run out of power (that is, they try to do something and they don't have enough power)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This sounds like a really terrible idea... I hate gigantic megatitans as much as the next guy, but would you really like anything that requires more than a million power to suddenly not work well? Because that sounds really dumb.
    I'd like to see them using power capacity increases, or having to use a lot more space to generate that much power. So yes and no.

One problem to fix another isn't how you balance a game.

Balance out, i think there should be no reason to balance that out. Everyone can make them, it just that people chose not to.
    What are you even talking about? The existence of 'docked reactors' is just people's way of trying to cheat the system. Does it not occur to you that this system exists for a reason?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    What are you even talking about? The existence of 'docked reactors' is just people's way of trying to cheat the system. Does it not occur to you that this system exists for a reason?
    Or did it ever occur to you that this system is there to encourage people to build more complex power systems than just "Spam all the Reactor Power Modules!"?
    Or to prevent the box dim multiplier from getting crazy powerfull at large scales, as that is a flawed system in its own?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Docked reactors and turrets should only draw power when they run out of power (that is, they try to do something and they don't have enough power)
    The best system would be if a ship refilled its own power reserves first and only supplied power to docked entities if either these run out of energy or the ship's capacitors are full. This way no energy is wasted.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So... according to your claims the main ship will fill up docked entitie's power banks even if they don't need it or before they can regen it themselves? So that also means that having power on turrets is completely useless, yes?

Edit: I just tested the OP's claims. This isn't the case. The main ship won't transfer power to the docked entity unless that entity is completely empty of power and does an action requiring power, in which case the main ship will only compensate for the power deficit. It works the exact same way it used to.

Last edited:

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Heyyo. I ran some tests with power a few minutes ago utilizing chains of docked entities, some with and some without power generation. Here's the results I've gathered so far:

Power chaining seems to work like shield chaining in that an entity using energy will first attempt to draw from it's own supply and then to what it is directly docked to, and then to the next entity down the chain and whatnot. If an intermediary has the power required for the outer entity, then the inner one doesn't contribute anything.

There is no automatic energy transfer or 'topping off' between docked entities. Rather, if one entity doesn't have enough energy it will transfer the power deficit to it's host entity.

Docked entities will not fill up the storage of other entities, and will not regen past their own personal storage.

The power displayed for the entity you're docked in is the total power and capacity of the current entity and every entity down the tree to the base that everything is docked to.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Creeper__God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    keptick MrFURB
    Thanks for the testing guys, good to know this ahead of refitting.
    (Damn you Schema, releasing this while im busy packing for my vacation D=)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hah, ha, aahahhahah cheating system.... Than why do we have this block in game? You mad so much about your inability to use a simple system to make your ships more efficent and smaller?

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Hah, ha, aahahhahah cheating system.... Than why do we have this block in game? You mad so much about your inability to use a simple system to make your ships more efficent and smaller?
    Easy there, no need to turn a simple difference in opinion into a spectator sport. Let's keep this thread on track.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Easy there, no need to turn a simple difference in opinion into a spectator sport. Let's keep this thread on track.
    Pardon my language.
    Also, am i the only one unable to open dors with core?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Also, am i the only one unable to open dors with core?
    Nope, same here.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431300880,1431297995][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: Is it normal that energy output is drastically reduced after stored energy drops to 0?

Reaction score
    sorry, my calculation is wrong, i am able to build a power cell with more power cap(so it never react 0 and draw power from main entity) and more time for it to recharge with delay logic. But i still wann being able to control the power flow