Ways to Automate My Economy?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There are two reasons i've stopped playing Starmade. 1) There are no real problems to solve. 2) There wasn't a good way to automate my economy.

With the addition of fleets in some of the most recent updates it looks like I can solve parts of #2. I'm wondering if there are any good ways to automate my economy such that I can focus on building an empire?

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    Well, you can send fleets to mine a sector on their own, but you'll have to call them back and dock them manually to transfer the resources. For the rest, you'll have to define what "automating your economy" means

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Problem #1 still sounds like a showstopper to me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    One of the eventual goals of fleets is helping solve problem #2

As far as problem #1 I doubt we will see that fixed Until Quests/NPC factions and the faction overhull.

If you want a much better roadmap of what is in store. Check out this Dev Thread:
    StarMade Active Development Timeline

Not everything is announced yet so, there is much that is blocked out. I imagine though, that what some of us have suggested/speculated about will be included further down the line.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So what is the best way to mine, i.e. most resources for least amount of time spent mining? I really hate mining and would rather spend time engineering my space station and spaceships, then using my ships for exploration and PvP.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    So what is the best way to mine, i.e. most resources for least amount of time spent mining? I really hate mining and would rather spend time engineering my space station and spaceships, then using my ships for exploration and PvP.
    You can sell your ships for exorbitantly high prices. There are always factions who will be willing to pay in credits or materials for ships.
    For example server-masters (OOB representative head on a server) of our faction often order ships to be pre-built for them, paying a lot for those.
    [doublepost=1467848050,1467846211][/doublepost]
    You can sell your ships for exorbitantly high prices. There are always factions who will be willing to pay in credits or materials for ships.
    For example server-masters (OOB representative head on a server) of our faction often order ships to be pre-built for them, paying a lot for those.
    Sorry I was replying to earlier question of how to help to stimulate the economy. If you are a good ship builder, one or two ships build for rich customers would set you up for all necessary materials to a) get a big salvager b) start working immediately.

To mine best, you would do so in a system claimed by you, mining asteroids while having 1-2 drones (no more as more tend to lag) mining nearby asteroids.