way to mass remove a single type of block from a ship

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    say you are trying to update a ship you made with old docking blocks, and there is 146 docked entities with that, y not a way to just select that and all those kinds of blocks just are removed and placed in ur inv

Reaction score
    Would it still have to obey StarMade's build area rule or could you just select an option to delete all of that block from your ship at once?

Reaction score
    Well I'm not sure if its what you want but there's a filter in advanced mode. Literally lets you place or remove that block only. Its at the very bottom near the Build Helper option. Ex. I was removing over used power reactors from a ship, used the filter that's all it ever touched.

Combine that with setting your server.cfg to let you have more then just 10, 10, 1o build/remove space and you're set.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i know that but what if the ship is about 500 meters long, you dont know the ship very well and are trying to remove the old docking blocks and their enhancers on 146+ entities
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452295889,1452295855][/DOUBLEPOST]& you dont have that good of a computer that can take over 10x10x10 block removing and or building?

Reaction score
    Well first just how high did you set it? Even my computer croaks at 100 build/remove. Just set it to 20 or something else reasonable and muddle through if you don't want to or can't try anything else.

Second I'd try SMEdit, if that ship is still using docking enhancers and what not it may be able to be loaded up in it. Its not up to date so it'll only take oldies, so saving it in the current version isn't an option, try to open the original blueprint you found/given. Its got a replacement filter and you can replace those blocks with air or something else. You can also edit the ship further, if you can get it to work right.

SMEdit:
    https://starmadedock.net/content/smedit.1023/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i just figured the .config out actually but still for newer ships i think that would be useful

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    but one thing, if the ship has alot of mass like 52K mass and you dont really have that much more room in ur hard disk space for it, for SMedit i think cause if you cant get a ship into a game, say on a server taht dont let u import bp's and they update from the old to the new, then your outta luck