Bug Warpgates facing direction Bug

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    http://s7.directupload.net/images/140913/y3niezoq.png

The upper gate works fine but I cannot enter the bottom one.
    The Arrow shows the direction of docked ships.

I first build a gate facing the way shown on the bottom and it did not work. I than build it the other way (without changing the computer) and it worked.

You can how ever jump to both gates from a working gate.

Can any one confirm this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    You mean you can only go from Gate A -> B?

if yes you should link A to B (then you will be able to go B => A)
    and you should link B to A (then you will be able to go A => B)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Lets say the upper gate is A, the bottom one is B (both in the picture above)
    There is another gate C somewhere else.

I first linked gate B to C and C to B. I could go through gate C -> B but not the other way around. I could not enter gate B.
    I than removed all blocks from gate B except the computer and build gate A. The computer stayed the same. And suddenly it worked.

So I was thinking that gates have to be build in the right direction. A docked ship must face the way as if it where to fly through the gate.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Edit: never mind you have to turn the computer so the little arrow is facing through the gate, sorry for wasting your time :(

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I had the same problem as the OP with my first attempt at a warp gate. The gate was 'east-west' in the sector to start with. It linked fine with the second gate 40 sectors away, but the 'east-west' gate would not function. The 2nd gate 40 sectors away was orientated 'north-south' in the sector and when you flew through it, it would take you to the first gate, but then fly over to the gate that was 'east-west' and it would do nothing.

What I did was just remove the gate modules without deleting the computer, which left the original linking, and orientated the gate 'north-south' and then the 2 gates would work in both directions. This indicates to me that the computers were marked and linked correctly, but the orientation of the 2D plane of the gate makes a difference.

Now that it all works good I made it all fancy. Looks and works great, and I love the animation, even if it could be 1 or 2 seconds longer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    Lets say the upper gate is A, the bottom one is B (both in the picture above)
    There is another gate C somewhere else.

I first linked gate B to C and C to B. I could go through gate C -> B but not the other way around. I could not enter gate B.
    I than removed all blocks from gate B except the computer and build gate A. The computer stayed the same. And suddenly it worked.

So I was thinking that gates have to be build in the right direction. A docked ship must face the way as if it where to fly through the gate.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Edit: never mind you have to turn the computer so the little arrow is facing through the gate, sorry for wasting your time :(
    You didn't waste my time ;).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ok so I tried turning the computer in Multi-player and it did not work, could someone please test this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ok so I tried turning the computer in Multi-player and it did not work, could someone please test this?
    I tried turning the computer first, and it didn't help. Then I changed the direction of the ring and that worked. The ring only works in the one direction to fly through it too. Fly through it the wrong way and it does nothing. The direction of the ring that worked for me was to undock from the station, and without turning the ship, fly backwards through the ring.

I put an 'In Arrow' in lights indicating the right direction, so others using the gate wouldn't have any issues.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    there is no direction for warp gates

take the marker beam in your hand right click the computer from portal A left click portal computer B

then right click portal computer B and then left click portal computer A

Note: you have to hold some seconds untill text appears

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    there is no direction for warp gates
    This doesn't explain my dead gate. The only thing i changed was the orientation of the 2D ring of modules. Never touched the computers, which were correctly linked the whole time.

I have tried this again with another pair of gates, and I can reproduce the dead gate situation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    Hm, could be a bug

are the blocks correctly linked? i mean like this
    X
    XX
    and not like this
    X
    ...X
    what does the gate say ? when you enter or in normal text like warpgate ready or something like that?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It says Gate ready. But you just fly through and nothing happens. You can however go through a working gate and appear next to the "dead" gate.
    The Blocks are correctly linked as seen in my picture.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hm, could be a bug
    what does the gate say ? when you enter or in normal text like warpgate ready or something like that?
    The Gate Computer is flashing a green "Warpgate Ready", but the gate is dead, until you tear it down and face it 90deg orientation (Same direction as a docked ship).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    I tried it i was not able to reproduce D:.

It worked fine for me.

Reaction score
    I couldn't get my gates to go both directions no matter which way I built it.. I ended up copying my station with a gate on it using the load and save commands and it finally worked.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I had an Admin try that but to no avail. My gate just doesn't work. People can arrive there but not depart, although it says warp gate ready.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    Could you try to contact me via starmade irc? i wanna talk about it because i don't have the bug

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Apparently its not the direction of the gate but the location. I build it on the other side of my base and it worked.

The Admin of my server said you have to build it on the left side of the station.
    I think hes right because on the left side my gate works on the right side it doesn't.

I will post a picture later.

Reaction score
    I've been trying to set up my gate on the planet I use as my base, but it also won't work, and I can't really figure out a 'left' side to a planet

(I have a functioning warp gate on a station 144 sectors away and the limit on warps is 16 sectors in my SP)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've also found that the position of the 2D ring of Modules also causes issues. I have built another set of gates on 2 different stations to the previous ones. On the first station the gate would not function until the 2D ring was turned 90 deg (which is the opposite to the 2 previous gate sets I made). The linked gate on the 2nd station would not function no matter which way I aligned the 2D ring. Eventually, I found that moving the 2D ring of Modules 50 blocks away from it's original position (centre above the station to near the edge of the station) solved it.

The 2 computers were linked fine on the first attempt and were not touched again. The only changes made were the positions of the 2D rings in orientation and location on the station.

The furtherset I've made so far is from +5 to -40 (45 sectors away). The limit is meant to be 8 systems away, which is over 100 sectors. No one on our server has a base that far away from spawn to test the limits.