Warp Space (FTL parallel level set)

Reaction score
    I suggest Warp Space (FTL parallel level set) that you teleport into when warp is activated. Link the two level-sector set's xyz together in magnitudes of 10x, so any distance traveled in warp space is multiplied by a factor of 10x in regular spacetime.Turning should be difficult, and accelleration/decelleration should be gradual.

I think the above would enable an extra layer of gameplay to starmade that I would love. Not only would I sperg out about my immersion, but I'd be able to watch outside my windows as my ship travels through space. All we need now is an auto-nav computer on top of that, and you'd be able to walk around your ship in warp space.

Warp core and warp engines: Warp core could be a computer you link the warp engines to. Energy requirements should be high, so smaller ships wouldn't be able to warp as far or fast as larger ships could. Perhaps the ammount of thrust you already have from conventional engines could influence your ship's variables in warp-space.

Maybe you could need shields up at all times while in warp space, and when they go down you take damge really fast from sheering forces and immediately drop out of warp.

Maybe warp-space anomalies could exsist, like wormholes or areas (like a storm, damage, or colapse) where warp is not possible.

Reaction score
    how about smaller ships are faster in warp space than larger ships and there are already 2 systems that take massive amounts of power already no need for a third power eater

Reaction score
    Just raise the Top Speed in server config if you want to be fast.

Personally I like the Idea of Stargate Like portals more You could have a secret system tousands of Sectors away and it would prevent collions which are very problematic on high speeds (fly in a space station with a 200^3 Cube and you will now what I mean.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem with higher max speeds is that they\'re buggy. New features in the game shouldn\'t be balanced around the assumption that you\'re going to modify its files before you play it, they should be balanced around the game as it is when you download it.

Jcewashere, can you link X3\'s jumpgate suggestion? Searching on the forums has turned up nothing but other people referencing it. I\'d like to know what it is.

Back to the original forum topic: I like this idea. It would also be interesting to see static defenses set up in warp space. In addition, to prevent obnoxious nonsense, it\'d be nice if entering warp space dropped shields, or something along that line.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Jump_drive

X3 is a game series, the jump drive is a way to travel multiple sectors almost instantly.

You hit J and a map pops up with every sector you\'ve been to, you can click on one to see how many energy cells (items, like batteries) it will take to jump there, if you have enough in your cargo you can jump. Then ten seconds later assuming you haven\'t been shot or run into anything a loading screen pops up and you\'re in the new system.

I like this because you can choose anywhere you\'ve been before, it won\'t be as much of a lag fest as in-dimension warp (like star trek or star wars) and it seems fair, you need resources and time out of combat to be able to jump.

Also like I said, any way to travel large distances quickly would be better than the current system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This idea is already been suggested in much greater detail and worked out.

http://star-made.org/content/hyper-realm-non-instantaneous-ftl-travel-method

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    well well well i like FTL, so so? add it to the GAME. i need to travel, some where and far.

thats how i think about it