Warhammer 40k: Battle Barge: Eternal Crusader. 1/10th

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is just....GLORIUS! The scale,the detail,the beauty is just amazing!

And with the damage it will be perfect for performing Extrminatus upon worlds that have fallen from The Emperors favour.

And remember..

The Emperor Protects...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I have begun work on a Lunar Class cruiser, roughly 1/10 scale thanks to seeing your work on a battle barge. She won\'t be perfectly to scale with every little detail, but i must once again thank you for the inspiration to build this 500 meter long beast.

another note, anyone have pictures of a lunar class cruiser with a nova cannon instead of her bow torpedoes? i\'ve been looking and can\'t seem to find one. apologies if i\'m stupid.

Reaction score
    I found a picture of a Lunar-class model with the nova cannon on, it\'s the third from the left:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/MeanGreenStompa/Minis/DSCN0565.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://i.imgur.com/l8Wllxj.jpg: Rear hull is nearing completion...

Reaction score
    So, how big will each fighter bay be? Because I\'ve been considering trying to throw together some Lightning and Thunderbolt fighters to go with this, and I\'d like to know if it\'s possible to do 1:1 scale (it should be, as they shouldn\'t require many docking enhancers).

Reaction score
    why not make it a 40K instead (and yes i know that decreases the power.)

Reaction score
    most of the time it just \"flips\" the planets crust inside out. this make it take anough 1,000,000,000 to make it not a lava covered ball.

Reaction score
    how powerful are the macros, and are they missile or AM? and great job.

Battle Brothers, FOR THE EMPEROR !

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Macros are all AM right now but I\'ve been debating converting them to missile as the projectile is a bit more authentic. I can tell you that each of the larger broadside cannons hold 20,000 of whatever weapon system is used so while I don\'t have a numeric value for you, you can rest assured they pack a punch.

Each fighter bay is 18x12 right now, the ship is 1/10 scale as I didn\'t want to jump right in on a 10k ship (my laptop is thanking me for that decision), however they are stacked so a couple could easily be opened up to 18x24. The interior has extensive room for ships so as long as it can squeeze through 18x24 it will be fine. Additionally there will likely be additional docking at the stern with the cruiser dock.

Reaction score
    Hmm. See, after looking at the ship dimensions I had considered doing a Fury as it\'s bigger (thus allowing for more dakka), but the smallest pattern of Fury is 40m long and looks to have a wingspan of something like 24-32m, which would make it turn rather slowly in StarMade and thus be unsuitable for a Fighter/Interceptor, and would also probably just be a bit too big for the bays.

The problem with Lightning and Thunderbolt fighters is both that they\'re atmospheric fighters and that they\'re smaller, which makes it difficult to make a decent lookalike without scaling up, which would almost certainly end up making them too big for the bays. Eh, whatever. I\'ll start prototyping a Thunderbolt and a Fury and see how they turn out first.

UPDATE: Finished prototyping the Thunderbolt. Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img827/3844/bb4d.png

So yeah, not too good on the outside and its weapons aren\'t very strong. I know the wings are off but seeing as how the thing was a failure in terms of combat capability at 1:1 scale it\'s not worth fixing. Gonna try the Fury next.

Reaction score
    Yeah, so I built the outer shell of the Fury\'s fuselage and put some power and thrusters in it and the thing turns way too slow. Gonna have to label this as a failure.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    How you done the macros? Are they AI controlled turrets? Or do you have to control them through the weapons computer?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its not ready just yet, I\'m working on the rear portion but I\'ve been busy with some web development for work so progress has been sluggish. Hopefully this next week will be a bit more calm and I can finish the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    for the love the god... please upload this to the Ship browser so we can all engoy this massiv beauty

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Holy hell this is glorious
    I better get back to work on my Emperor Class Battleship

Reaction score
    +++ Incoming transmission +++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    It pleases me to see you are currently working on such magnificient project!
    The holyness of your work can only be the reflection of your devotion to our Master and Lord, our most beloved and holy Emperor.
    Our enemies can only quake in fear for following their wrong ways and false teachings, for this galaxy is ours! It is to be a human galaxy!
    This unstoppable weapon shall be a mighty tool to smash aside any mutant, alien or heretic, each one of them a fool to deny us our right to rule and refuse the holy words of our Lord.

May the Emperor watch over your soul and bless your being for presenting such devotion!
    Battle-Brother WarmasterRaptor
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++ End of transmission +++

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve also made a Thunderbolt from the pictures found here => http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Thunderbolt

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/dxuh.png

It\'s characteristics :

Mass : 20.6 (206 Blocs)

Length : 16m, Heigth : 7m, Width : 16m (realistics for Length and Width)

Power : 20 000 - 1024.9 e/secs

Thrust : 51.8

Shield : 1678 - 164 s/secs - blocs 3 - recovery : 0.5

You can fid the blueprint here : http://star-made.org/node/8710#comment-40848

Reaction score
    Thanks for the thunderbolt!

Also, I don\'t know if you saw it, but I\'ve tried to replicate a Thunderhawk, here\'s the link :

http://star-made.org/node/5828#comment-35792

It\'s not perfect, I\'ll have to rework on it. And with the upcoming land vehicles ( eventually ) I\'ll have to work a docking module under him so he can transport rhinos or land raiders!

Reaction score
    anybody know how big a starhawk bomber is? i would like to build one or two (normal bomb or torpedoes) All i know is that they are huge compared to the fury which is usually about 70 meters long.