WAR WAR WAR - Battle of the 1000

Reaction score
    wow, just wow. that was truly EPIC (for lack of a better word) iv yet to participate in any battle near that scale yet. so it was really awesome to watch. This really made me think, forget starwars and sci-fi movies! if filmed properly by an out side neutral little camera ship, this game can be used to make amazing cinematic battles. but watching from specific players points of view is equally awesome and entertaining! heres hopeing for more videos like this :)

one thing that did kinda jar me tho, was the level of lag. in the last news post schema mentions hes identified several issues in this department with regards to a large amount of players online at a time, so hopefully that will go a long way to fix or at least greatly reduce the amount of lag from large battles.

as i see these kinda battles becoming more and more common place as the game grows. and lag like this at the games best and brightest moments would be a true Achilles heel if things remain the same. it really makes me wonder what ever happened to that Euclideon "unlimited detail" guy who showed off that amazing Euclideon island demo. he got a lot of flack when he posted that, but he seems totally legit. and is now working in the geo-spacial industry, with voxel data-sets of many terrabytes. all instantly.

im sure that technology or something like it will be the next revolution for voxle games once it hits the video game market. supposedly the only reason it hasnt yet is because they can currently only do static objects, and dont have a meathod of incorporating animation. but with a game like starmade, all the voxle entities ARE static, and only their orientation changes. that Euclideon engine should be able to handle seemingly unlimited amounts of voxles and thus ships stations and planets of unlimited size! (its basicaly like a google search algorithm but for voxles, and limits one voxle per pixel on the screen, so voxel number amount is irrelevant, youll always only see whats appropriate for your screen, kinda like a super advanced version of occlusion culling. PLUS starmades voxles are very large, it will just make it easier for the engine....in theory. for comparison, it would basically give minecraft, unlimited render distance.... :eek: )

if you guys havnt seen it, search "euclideon" or "unlimited detail" in youtube and prepare to jaw drop.

well anyways, the point is that was a freakin epic battle. that without lag i think is the HOLY GRAIL of space video games, possibly all video games.... :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Heh, that was so cool

=)

I actually have rebuilt my ship now, and looking forward for more battles in the Hyper-core server, woop woop

!!!