Want to be featured in the new Starmade Trailer?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Check out the video here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyRbewatjcM

For those who haven't been around, I created the Starmade Trailer just under a year ago now, and it took off. Since then the ships have only gotten bigger, bolder, more unique both in form and function, and the level of creativity has exploded.

As such it's time to revise how Starmade is seen to the world, so we're creating a new trailer, and we're asking you to be a part of it.

Head over to http://www.youtube.com/benchminecraft and inbox me a submission of a ship, a station, planet, or anything else you created that completely boggles the mind and the universe of Starmade (yes I'm looking at you Cal). We're collecting submissions that will be featured in the new trailer.

In addition we'll be working with communities and servers to organise some large scale space battles that we will record to also include in the trailer. We'll be posting more information about this later as more details are set in stone.

Share the video around, spread the word, we want as many things featured in this new video as possible.

Thanks to everyone who has already contributed, there's been such a positive response even since posting the video earlier today so you should give yourself a pat on the back.

Reaction score
    I havnt seen you here for ages, but I did see some of your builds on sabers youtube channel.my only thought is that maybe you should hold off until the weapons update, as lasers, missiles, pulsars and broadsides will probably be more compelling. That\'s just my opinion though.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yeah we\'ll be holding off until the next few major updates, but we\'re still opening up to submissions and letting everyone know this is what we\'re doing so people have time to finish their builds etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Likewise, most of the cool stuff I have is desgined around the new weapons

Reaction score
    So relatively speaking how long we got to get the schematics of our ships to you?

Reaction score
    http://www.starmademultiverse.com/files/file/72-falcon-x-1/ its my favorite fighter ive built yet

Reaction score
    This my planet ship projects

Riota planet ship
    http://star-made.org/node/17759

Ice flat planet ship
    http://star-made.org/node/17777

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    And thanks to Targ and Creeper, they are the best we\'ve seen in our fleet to date. I\'d love to have our ships in the trailer!

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Greetings, Bench! I\'m pretty busy fanboy\'ing all over the place right now, but I think I can stay sane long enough to get this written...

First off, I\'d like to say a big \'Thank you!\' and \'Hell yeah!\' on behalf of the entire Starmade website, Tester, and moderation team. We\'re excited to have you working with Schema, but this is a bit of a surprise for us as Schema is usually living in his own world and doesn\'t tell us much about what\'s happening until it happens. If you give us a few days, we can have a comprehensive list of expectation-exceeding battlestations or ships ready and have news of the new trailer spread far and wide!

The first notable topic would be the Starmade logo- It has a habit of changing as often as Starmade itself does, and there\'s no specific person in charge of creating or changing it. It\'s always had and probably always will have the same general shape; The star representing the core in the middle, noticeable ship dynamics such as weapons or armor, yet it\'s always abstract.
    It\'s been said a few times, though, that the current edition of the Starmade logo is too complicated with too many small lines and tiny shapes. People will see the general shape of it and immediately notice it, but if you ask a random person to draw it they\'ll be drawing a blank.
    The point is that a logo has to be bright and noticeable, but also memorable at first glance... Easily pasted all over the place without adding needless complexity to what should be a simple to grasp scene.
    I think that discussing a new (And hopefully more permenant) Starmade logo with Schema might be prudent.

It was also mentioned as a good idea to wait until the weapon update. I\'ll tell you now that it\'s going to be a long while before that is fully implimented into the game. It involved rewriting early parts of the code and adding in a lot of new code for new effects. It\'s going to go in, yes, but not soon. Plus, there\'s still some other outstanding features that need to be worked on beforehand. I\'m not saying that you should do it before or after the update, I just want everyone to know what kind of time-frame we\'re talking about.

Reaction score
    The Odium pact as a whole is very interested.

we will get underway some alliance projects that we feel would make a nice fit.

Currently the Odium pact is about 60 regulary active members, and 4 factions.

The Vaygr, The Euro-Corp Syndicate, Omega Inc, and event horizon, though we expect to be growing by 2 factions and many more active members any day now, we are just holding off on making the details official for the time being.

Equally if you want warm bodies and boots on the ground we can make that happen.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This will give me the time I need to finish my ship!!!

This is almost going to turn into a ship contest XD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    is it going to be a uniformed sort of fight, like a bunch of ships that look like this against a bunch of ships that look like that

or is going to be, show up in whatever you want and shoot away at everybody

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    is it just me or wouldnt it be a better idea to make a trailer when the game is a bit more fleshed out?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Space battle- kinda sounds like the wings of icarus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-5X0WsyP98

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Possibly some of our Corellian Corvettes and Nebulon-B Frigates could be shown? They are surprisingly quite popular.