Very simple way to make small ships useful (no gigantic titan nerfing)

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not really how a fighter attacks a target, is it?
    In space, perhaps. It depends on the amount of thrust available. High-speed fly-by is better for small ships that can't accelerate quickly enough to dodge fire. They fly by at high speed (possibly in a curve) hoping that it will make them harder to hit.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Large ships being more detectable makes sense. There's already a mechanic making it harder to jam/cloak large ships however. If you're running a small jump shuttle, then I can see it being harder to detect/identify an object. There could a range at which an object can be detected, and another range when your scanners can detect what it is that's floating out in space. Until it reaches the indemnify range, your radar only sees it as being an anomaly.

Of course, this would also make the astronaut very hard to detect at range, which I like a lot. If you've lost your ship and are limping through space, then you have enough to worry about besides being blasted by someone or a pirate... 2000m range for detecting an astronaut seems good enough, assuming they're not firing a weapon or something. Firing weapons should increase your detection radius considerably.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    smaller ships should be harder to hit with turrets while larger ones are easier to hit. i don't know if this is already implemented in the game but i think it would be good.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hundreds of small ships ARE already better than a big ship with the same mass, even with just AI control.
    Hundreds isn't the point here, and is kind of meaningless... If you have the resources to create and dispose of hundreds and hundreds of small ships, you probably have the resources to make something pretty big too, and you probably already did - those little ships need a carrier.