Version 0.026: New User Interface and missiles

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This is a pretty big update.

• First of all, missiles are now implemented and functional. At this time, only "dumb missiles" (which only fly straight) are available, but the architecture for any other kind of missile is already there. Missiles are controlled by the server, so hits will be absolutely fair, and cheating is out of the question.

• The second big update about this Version is a completely new look and feel of the in game panels. Special Thanks to Andrewian from http://www.binarychaos.net for giving me the idea and inspiration for the new look. It took me some time to get the hang the design stuff, but I'm quite happy with the result. All Menus are now reachable within one panel via tabs.

• I also greatly improved the weapon assignment dialog, which now shows all data of the selected weapon (damage, reload time, etc.).

• Furthermore, I added a new Navigation panel, which shows an overview over every object in range and how far it currently is from the player. You can also select your target in this panel.

Full Changelog from Version 0.025 to Version 0.026

• [INTERNAL][EXTENSIBILITY] refined element managing structure for easier management of usable elements like weapons, beams, thrusters and missiles

• [NETWORK][STABILITY] The deadlock bug from 0.025 was still not fixed (just transported to another location) but should now be fixed. Clients will now only request segments in a secure environment

• [GENERAL][FEATURE] Implemented Missiles and Missile Controllers (works just like weapons)

• [GENERAL][FEATURE] Implemented splash damage. (e.g. when a missile hits, a radius of damage will be done to the structure)

• [GENERAL][FEATURE] New Admin Command: "jump" will take you to the object you are looking at

• [GENERAL][BUG] Fixed bug that would damage a killed and respawned player (occurred only when killed by getting run over)

• [GENERAL][BUG] Fixed bug that stopped the camera when entering inventory or other panels while flying a ship

• [INTERNAL][STABILITY] fixed bug, that caused faulty values with groups of elements because the element was counted to the group even if it was not connected to a controller or to a different controller

• [GRAPHICS][UI] First glimpse of a new look and feel with a new sidebar overlay

• [GRAPHICS][UI] New look and feel applied to Shop & Inventory UI

• [GRAPHICS][UI] New look and feel applied to Weapon assign menu

• [GRAPHICS][UI] All player game menus (Shop, Inventory and Weapon assignment) are now in one tabbed panel

• [GRAPHICS][UI] Added 'close' button to player panel for easier control

• [GRAPHICS][UI] The building mode arrow is now a lot more visible

• [GRAPHICS][UI] Refined Weapon menu

• [GRAPHICS][UI] New Menu: Navigation: This useful panel gives the player an overview over all objects and their distance to the player and allows a very easy selection